Saw Mom after three weeks
Hello, I basically write updates on here so I remember when I saw my Mom at the nursing home. I need to also vent somewhere that other people understand. I hope I can help others here as well.
Mom has lost a lot of weight, I am afraid to feed her because she can choke from food. And I believe I am not qualified to feed her. But when I do see her, I kiss her hello, pray the our father in Italian, hold her hand, tell her I love her and hug her. It's all I can do. I pray for her at church. I thank God for letting me see her again. May God bless you all here. ✌️
Comments
-
thanks for the update. Your Mom knows you are someone she loves. Keep talking to her and telling her you love her. Is your Mom under hospice care? If not I would ask for a hospice evaluation. They provide so much help and support. They have counselors and chaplains. Praying for you and your Mom. 🙏💜
2 -
Thank you. Yes she is on hospice. That's reassuring.
1
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 696 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 401 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 295 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 205 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help
