talking to people who aren't there
My wife has for a long time had delusions and some hallucinations (about 3 years) but she has recently started to talk to people that are not there. She is I think early stage 7, but in the DBAT it has that in the section of the final weeks. I know every case is different but for those that have experienced this what has your experience been related to time frames. She is mostly bed bound and has trouble eating on her own, but she also has had a stroke so I don't know how much of her symptoms are due to the stroke and how much is due to Alzheimer's.
Thank you
Comments
-
My DH often talks to people who are not there. I bought him a hat that for Christmas that he really likes. He wears it all of the time. He even wears it to bed. He has asked me where I bought the hat so that he can buy hats for his "crew". His crew are the people in our house that he talks to that I cannot see. Sometimes they make him angry and he says they are trying to hurt him. I tell him that I won't let anyone hurt him. He hasn't had a stroke and has had various auditory and visual hallucinations for the last two years. He has vascular dementia and Alzheimer's.
3 -
My DH saw and talked to people long before he was deep in dementia. He’s in stage 6 now and I’m not sure if he still sees people as his words are mostly all mixed up. When he does speak clearly, he doesn’t mention seeing people but does see animals in the backyard.
3
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help
