Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.
How are you? I'm...here.
Yesdnil
Member Posts: 6
Member
Sometime I'll have time
To properly mourn
When people stop asking
What year you were born
But my time is your time
For however long
You need me to turn on
You favorite song
I wake you up gently
We'll do it together
I write down the day
And the time and the weather
I carry your books
While you search for your name
On the page that will leave you
As soon as it came
I clothe you in comfort
You crown me with blessing
We don't need the words
There'll be no more confessing
I wash you with reverence
But you don't need cleansing
The past is forgotten
The future is… here
Tagged:
3
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help