Seeking volunteers to serve on Alzheimer's Association Early-Stage Advisory Group
I'm a member of the Alzheimer's Association Early-Stage Advisory Group (ESAG). This year's diverse group includes 10 others besides myself, with a variety of education and work experiences. I've learned they are all much better communicators than I am. :)
ESAG members serveone year terms, the new group will start on July 1, 2026. Participants must have a dementia diagnosis (could be Alzheimer's or another dementia). There are two in-person meetings during the year: one in Chicago (headquarters for the Alzheimer's Association), the other in Washington, DC. The Alzheimer's Association covers travel expenses for these events. Each participant must have a care partner orcompanion to accompany them during travel.
Activities of ESAGmembers include acting as a spokesperson for national medial opportunities, and informing the public about the Association's work (i.e. writing posts like this one :) )
Perhaps the best part of being a member of ESAG is the chance to meet 10 other wonderful human beings dealing with AD, including a variety of life experiences / backgrounds.
Nominations for the next ESAG group are open until April 15, 2026
For more informationabout ESAG
Nomination form
Comments
-
ESAG is a wonderful experience. I am still friends with several of the people who were in my ESAG group. Go for it!Lori
0 -
I am potentially interested. Did the group already start in July?
0 -
Hi LBC83
I think i might be interested but would like to know what is involved, time commitment, etc. and if you would be duties involved. If you have a minute, would you please be able to provide details regarding time investment, duties, etc??
Thanks so much,
GE
0 -
Would definately be interested. Wife and I both retired. I am new to all this, so if you want someone with more 'time in' I am probably not your man. Just need to know more about your needs and what you are looking for. Thanks.
0 -
Yes, the one-year terms start on July 1. Per their website, nominations are now open for the term starting July 1, 2027.
https://www.alz.org/about/leadership/early-stage-advisory-group#About0 -
There is a monthly business meeting via Zoom, where members provide feedback on Alzheimer's Association future plans/projects/activites. There are two trips during the year. The first trip is near the start, when all members meet at their headquarters in Chicago. The second trip is near the end, when all members travel to Washington, DC to participate in the Alzheimer's Impact Movement Forum in Washington, DC. ESAG members meet with their Congressional representatives on Capitol Hill. The Association covers travel expenses for ESAG members for these two events.
0 -
I am definitely intetested.
0
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 696 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 401 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 295 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 205 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help