Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.
Managing incontinence
pecclest
Member Posts: 1 Member
Hello all- does anyone have advice on ideas for getting urine odor out of bedding and clothing. My dad is incontinent of urine mostly and despite washing everything daily there always seems to be a lingering ammonia odor. Any advice of what can be used besides regular detergent to help!!??
0
Comments
-
Use a pad on the bed. I have one tht is about 50 inches long. It reduces the number of times you have to wash the top sheet.
I use two laundry pods (Amazon Fresh is the brand) and warm water. This takes the smell out.
0 -
I got this Lysol laundry sanitizer for some other stinky laundry. It worked well, but I'm not sure I'd want to use it on every load.
0 -
Specifically for urine.
0 -
I use:
Rockin' Green Dirty Diaper Laundry Detergent, Plant based, All Natural Laundry Detergent Powder, Vegan and Biodegradable Odor Fighter, Safe for Sensitive Skin. You can get it on Amazon. I use 3 scoops. The scoops are about a teaspoon more or less and my husband's clothes and washable couch and chair pads don't have order. Also use Arm and Hammer laundry scents for a fresh scent.0
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 248 Caring Long Distance
- 207 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help
