Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Dealing with Alzheimer’s and family dynamics

edenina
edenina Member Posts: 3
First Comment
Member
edited April 8 in Caring for a Parent

Hello,

My name is Elbert Denina the son of someone who has Alzheimer’s. My sister recently just passed from cancer and I’m trying to navigate how I should handle breaking the news to my mom if she asks about my sister in a daily basis. Also how should I handle bringing my mom to her funeral. I’m not sure how to handle this especially when my mom forgets my sister has passed. Any advice helps. Thank you all as I’m new to this community.

Commonly Used Abbreviations


DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more