Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Anniversary

mwoolley
mwoolley Member Posts: 29
10 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary 5 Likes
Member

Yesterday was our 47th anniversary. So I got a nice card for my wife who has FTD and put a loving note in it. I had a dentist appointment at 2:00 to finish two crowns so I spent quite a while there. She never got up until I woke her up at 5:00 for dinner. I gave her the card and she had no comment. At dinner she announced it was our anniversary. It must have been on her phone’s calendar. After dinner, she went right back to bed and will stay there until I get her up for dinner today. A day in our lives…

I am married, but my wife is gone.

Comments

  • Stan2
    Stan2 Member Posts: 163
    100 Likes 100 Comments 100 Care Reactions Second Anniversary
    Member

    Our 57th was last month. I made a special dinner and told her "Happy Anniversary". She said " Oh, is that today?" She did enjoy the dinner though.

  • Shelly / Texas
    Shelly / Texas Member Posts: 24
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    Member

    mwool- we completely understand. On our last anniversary , I pulled out the wedding album. As I was enjoying the beauty of the day and how young and happy we were, I looked over and my husband was asleep in his recliner. I too, feel married and alone, but blessed for the live we have lived.

  • charley0419
    charley0419 Member Posts: 533
    250 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments
    Member

    Sunday is our 57th anniversary, I find my wife’s progression going slow other then repeating and forgetting more frequently, diagnosed 3 yrs ago Nurologist says stage 2

Commonly Used Abbreviations


DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more