Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Long Slow Good-bye

Joe A
Joe A Member Posts: 2
First Comment
Member

My mother is living with dementia, and I wanted to honor her while she is still here.

What started as a simple poem, about the last half of her life, somehow turned into a song.

I poured my words onto paper, then worked with AI to add the music and vocals. The process was long, emotional, and honestly one of the most cathartic things I’ve experienced since our walk with Mom’s dementia began.

This is called “Long Slow Good-bye.”

For full transparency, this is not a commercial project. I make no money from this song. I created it for Mom, and to bring awareness to this god awful disease that steals so much from the people we love.

If you are walking this road with someone you love, I hope the words feel familiar. More importantly, I hope they bring you comfort, even if only for a few minutes.

Here is a link to the song: https://suno.com/s/f5IXBHRhT7oTMmUt

Or, you can go to my FB page to see my post and the link there.  https://www.facebook.com/joe.akin.988711

Comments

Commonly Used Abbreviations


DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more