Use of "Buy Nothing" Facebook groups
Regarding my mom's constant requests (and demands) for things, I have found my local community Buy Nothing group has been great! Mom mom has set up a miniature "office" in her bedroom in her AL apartment. She had a large home office throughout her life and she always had it stocked (over stocked) with office stuff. So she is constantly asking for binders. clipboards, clear plastic sheet protectors, pencils, file folders etc. My Buy Nothing Group now know about my mom and they love helping out. My mom got some used file folders, which I thought she'd balk at, but she said, THANKS, I can erase the labels. She also accepted a clipboard that was had a company logo on it. The last thing I want to do is buy out Office Depot for her little corner desk area! I also got a full length mirror from them for her room.
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 699 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 403 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 248 Caring Long Distance
- 207 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help