My DW said she loved me today
Today was a good day. When I was helping my DW get ready for bed she looked at me and said, "I love you". It came out of nowhere. She has rarely made comments about affection. I was taken aback but replied, "I love you too". I got her ready for bed while I was tearing up inside.😥
I so hate this disease!
Comments
-
{{{HUG}}}
0 -
💜
0 -
I love it when our LOs suddenly have lucid moments and something like what you described happens. It makes us remember they are still in there somewhere.
2 -
Totally agree - that was sweet. MIL once told our caregiver 'I appreciate you'. Wow!
yeah - anyone on here will tell you the same… I HATE 'this'!!
((hugs))
1 -
I love this moment for you!
1 -
That is great. My wife said she loved me in the past week for the first time in a very long time.
When I tell her that I love her, she either doesn't reply or says "thank you", which I find to be somewhat cute.
I also hate this disease, especially when I look at pictures of us and the many things we did together.
1
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 699 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 403 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 248 Caring Long Distance
- 207 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help
