Exelon patch
went to the neurologist today finally! Mom scored 19 out of 30 on the memory test. 6 months ago she was 21 out of 30. Is that fast decline? Dr mentioned possibly doing an exelon patch. Anyone have any experience with this?
Comments
-
you can search this forum for posts with echelon in them. The search thingy is at the top of the page. 2 questions I would ask are: what are the side effects and will insurance cover it? Some posts said it was expensive.
0 -
Mom’s insurance stopped covering the patches. Plus they kept coming off.
In terms of the test score- 2-4 point decline a year is ‘average’- for what that’s worth. Plus one day may be better or worse than another day.
0 -
I don't know about the patches, but less then 2 years ago my dad was a 19/30 and last week he was a 6/30. I could see the decline but the majority of the changes happened in the past three months.
0
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 699 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 403 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 248 Caring Long Distance
- 207 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help
