Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

My husband passed away

justbreathe2
justbreathe2 Member Posts: 155
100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Likes
Member

Thought I would let you all know my husband passed away a few weeks ago. He woke up night before coughing, appetite decrease a few days, and he was shivering terribly.

It was unexpected. I took him to Emergency Room next day. We thought we would be coming back home. He didn't want to go and felt fine. Everything started go down down after being admitted.

He died from respiratory failure. He had pneumonia and a blood clot on lung.

Comments

  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 6,936
    Ninth Anniversary 1,500 Insightfuls Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments
    Member

    I am sorry for the loss of your DH.

  • Call me Gram
    Call me Gram Member Posts: 181
    100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Member

    I am so sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine what you’re feeling right now. Wishing you comfort and peace.

  • sfrsythe
    sfrsythe Member Posts: 47
    25 Likes Second Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments
    Member
    edited May 18

    May GOD pour out blessings on you. This disease is horrible. I send you hugs for your loss.

  • Marla13
    Marla13 Member Posts: 69
    Third Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    May you find peace.

  • BethL
    BethL Member Posts: 1,484
    Legacy Membership 500 Likes 1000 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    My condolences.

  • H1235
    H1235 Member Posts: 2,339
    1,000 Likes 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Care Reactions 1000 Comments
    Member

    So sorry for your loss.

  • jgreen
    jgreen Member Posts: 514
    500 Likes 500 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    Member

    Dear @justbreathe2

    May perpetual light shine upon your DH, and may he rest in peace. Amen.

    God be with you as you begin this next phase of a most difficult journey. Please stay in touch with us.

  • Chance Rider
    Chance Rider Member Posts: 390
    250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    @justbreathe2 I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your husband.

  • blacksparky
    blacksparky Member Posts: 424
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 250 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    Prayers being sent for your loss. 🙏

  • tonyac2
    tonyac2 Member Posts: 314
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    So sorry @justbreathe2 for your loss.

  • trottingalong
    trottingalong Member Posts: 1,072
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Likes 1000 Comments 500 Care Reactions
    Member

    Another unexpected bend on this difficult road we are on. I hope for the best as your journey continues on. I’m sorry for your loss.

  • suvi
    suvi Member Posts: 31
    25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions First Anniversary
    Member

    I’m so sorry for the sudden loss of your husband. May he rest in peace.

  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 1,246
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Likes 1000 Comments 500 Care Reactions
    Member

    I’m so sorry for the loss of your dear husband. May you find peace and comfort in the coming days.

  • marier
    marier Member Posts: 168
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Likes 100 Comments 100 Care Reactions
    Member

    So sorry to hear of the sudden passing of your DH. May his memories bring you comfort and peace.

  • Russinator
    Russinator Member Posts: 381
    Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments
    Member

    My condolences.

    SOFTER LIFE.png
  • Shelly / Texas
    Shelly / Texas Member Posts: 24
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions
    Member

    May he rest in eternal peace.

  • Sunfish47
    Sunfish47 Member Posts: 140
    100 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    So sorry for the loss of your DH. May his memory be a blessing.

  • Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 898
    Sixth Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    So very sorry. I’m sure it was a difficult time. Thank you for letting us know . Peace to you and your family. (((HUGS)))

  • SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 3,421
    1,500 Insightfuls Reactions 1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 1,000 Care Reactions
    Member

    so sorry for your loss. Praying for your strength and comfort in the coming days. May he rest in peace. 🙏💜

  • CindyBum
    CindyBum Member Posts: 785
    1,000 Care Reactions 500 Likes 250 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Comments
    Member

    I am terribly sorry for your loss. I wish that you find peace and comfort in his memory.

  • ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,102
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    I am so sorry to hear of your husband’s passing. Take care of yourself.

  • WIGO23
    WIGO23 Member Posts: 318
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    I hope all your good memories comfort you as you grieve. He must have known he was loved as he slipped away. There isn’t more any of us can ask from life.

  • Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 953
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Likes 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments
    Member

    So sorry for your sudden loss…please try to be comforted by the fact that he's no longer suffering and is in a better place. Take care and may you find joy again in the days ahead.

  • CampCarol
    CampCarol Member Posts: 258
    250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Member

    I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you, be gentle with yourself.

  • Russinator
    Russinator Member Posts: 381
    Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments
    Member

    ((HUGS))

  • Bowerbird
    Bowerbird Member Posts: 97
    100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments
    Member

    May his memory be a blessing and bring you peace and joy .

  • ronda b
    ronda b Member Posts: 438
    100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    🩷 and hugs.

Commonly Used Abbreviations


DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more