Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I haven't been able to post as much lately...

SDianeL
SDianeL Member Posts: 3,421
1,500 Insightfuls Reactions 1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 1,000 Care Reactions
Member

I've been reading the posts but haven't been able to post as much lately. As many of you know, I was diagnosed with cancer in Dec 2023 and had to place my DH in memory care so I could get treatment. I had chemo and major surgery in 2024. My DH passed in August 2024 from Alzheimer's-Posterior Cortical Atrophy. In December 2025, biopsies show the cancer was back. I finished my chemo and now am having chest wall radiation 5 days a week for 5-1/2 weeks. I'm about half way through it. I'm extremely tired and nauseous. After radiation I will have more surgery. All thoughts and prayers greatly appreciated. Your support the last 3 years helped me so much. Just know that I think of you all every day and pray for your strength to care for your LO's. Diane

«1

Comments

  • Sunfish47
    Sunfish47 Member Posts: 140
    100 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Diane, you are a wonderful person, so generous with your advice given freely to all us unfortunate caregivers on this forum. I appreciate you so much and am praying for you. Stay strong.

  • Quilting brings calm
    Quilting brings calm Member Posts: 3,273
    1,000 Insightfuls Reactions 1,000 Likes 2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary
    Member

    Oh my. Please rest, hydrate, binge watch tv, read…. We will still be here when you are able to deal with us. You really don’t need the feelings that come from reading all the posts right now.

  • Bowerbird
    Bowerbird Member Posts: 97
    100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments
    Member

    Yes, I agree with Sunfish and always appreciate your words of wisdom here on this amazing forum. You have been through so much and I hope that you have the same sort of support through this journey that you gave to your DH through his. You are in my thoughts.

  • easy23
    easy23 Member Posts: 443
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    Member

    Wishing you nothing but the best outcome, Diane! You have been so helpful to so many here and we miss seeing your posts. I hope the nausea and fatigue lift soon! xoxo ❤️

  • sfrsythe
    sfrsythe Member Posts: 47
    25 Likes Second Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments
    Member

    my prayers are with you! You are an awesome person. ❤️

  • blacksparky
    blacksparky Member Posts: 424
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 250 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    I love reading what you write. Your wisdom and experience has helped me many times. You will be in my prayers as you fight this cancer. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

  • Ed's mom
    Ed's mom Member Posts: 103
    100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 10 Comments
    Member

    You were the first person to welcome me, make sure I knew I wasn't alone. You gave me resources, words, and hope. I immediately read the chat if your name is on it. Please take care of yourself, we need your wisdom.

  • Lethe
    Lethe Member Posts: 124
    100 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    I’m so sorry for your continued health challenges. You have been such a welcoming presence here. Sending you light and prayers.

  • Kat63
    Kat63 Member Posts: 240
    Sixth Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments
    Member

    Sending prayers 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

  • notequipped
    notequipped Member Posts: 136
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Hoping that the rest of your treatments are uneventful and that you’re on your way to a full recovery. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 6,936
    Ninth Anniversary 1,500 Insightfuls Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments
    Member

    I am so sorry to hear of your recent setback. I hope that your ongoing treatment is successful and that you're soon on your way back to feeling like yourself.

    HB

  • annie51
    annie51 Member Posts: 817
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 250 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Comments
    Member

    We’re all pulling for you. You’ve been such a joy to have on this forum. Praying for you as you navigate this next setback and wish you success with this treatment. We know how strong you are. Keep it going!

  • NannyG55
    NannyG55 Member Posts: 1,417
    1000 Comments 250 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions
    Member

    Prayers and hugs ❤️

  • Emily 123
    Emily 123 Member Posts: 987
    Fifth Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Praying for you, Diane.♥️

  • Biggles
    Biggles Member Posts: 892
    1,500 Care Reactions 500 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Wishing you strength and love. The care and attention and insight into this awful journey we are all on has been so appreciated. Please rest and take care of yourself now and know that my prayers are with you.

  • BPS
    BPS Member Posts: 543
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Your words and support have helped so many of us here. Now I hope our wishes for you can give you some moral support.

  • CindyBum
    CindyBum Member Posts: 785
    1,000 Care Reactions 500 Likes 250 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Comments
    Member

    Sending you prayers and strength, dear Diane.

  • A. Marie
    A. Marie Member Posts: 141
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Member

    All the best to you, Diane. You have been a faithful caregiver and a faithful commenter here; now it's time to focus on your own health.

  • jen ht
    jen ht Member Posts: 235
    100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Member

    You've got em! I've been thinking of you (and missing you)

    🙏💜

    prayers,

    jht

  • Goodlife2025
    Goodlife2025 Member Posts: 490
    250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    Diane, I have been missing seeing your posts and wondering how you are. Thank you for sharing this update and please know as evidenced here you are an important part of our little group and dearly missed. Praying for your speedy recovery that only Peace can define.

  • jgreen
    jgreen Member Posts: 514
    500 Likes 500 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    Member

    God bless you, @SDianeL Hugs and prayers coming your way. 💝🙏

  • Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 898
    Sixth Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Thank you for your update. Your health has to be your top priority and I can’t even imagine how tired you must feel.(((Hugs)))

  • MaryMN
    MaryMN Member Posts: 80
    100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 10 Comments
    Member

    Praying for strength and endurance!

  • Dio
    Dio Member Posts: 953
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Likes 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments
    Member

    Sending you healing vibes through the cybernet! Hugs…

  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 5,692
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 1,000 Likes 500 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    You are always so thoughtful, Diane! I pray for you every day. Stay strong and get well soon!

    Iris

  • persevere
    persevere Member Posts: 350
    250 Likes 250 Care Reactions 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    We are your family. Keep us appraised of how things are going.

  • Karen711
    Karen711 Member Posts: 296
    250 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    Dear Diane- I’m very sorry to hear your cancer has come back! You are a courageous fighter! Sending you prayers and love!

    Karen

  • Maru
    Maru Member Posts: 544
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    Lifting you up in prayer as I type. Radiation is b..ch and cancer even more so.

  • Call me Gram
    Call me Gram Member Posts: 181
    100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    Member

    Sending love and prayers ❤️ 🙏

  • tonyac2
    tonyac2 Member Posts: 314
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    I am thankful for you - you’ve helped me so much. Praying for you.

Commonly Used Abbreviations


DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more