Gamma Wave (Genus) Therapy
developed by MIT, now in clinical trials. supposed to activate brains immune cells to clear waste including amyloids. home devices (both light and sound) available although not fda approved. has anyone tried them?
Comments
-
I came here today hoping to find conversations about the same kinds of things… Lion's mane mushrooms, Bacopa monnieri, and Rhodiola rosea - all nootropic herbs, and Red Light Therapy.
Has anybody tried any of these kinds of things?
0 -
Hi…we have taken a different approach from most.. due to my DH APOE4 and lack of trust for neurologists… from a previous horrible experience…We work with a functional medicine Dr specializing in Alzheimer’s in our area. After consultation and labwork.. DH is taking multiple supplements to help memory, increase energy and a list of other things. He uses a joov red light and NeuroVizr nightly. The Dr did recommend Vielight Gamma 40hz.. We have purchased it but have yet to use it. Has any of this slowed the progression? I can’t answer that but it does give my husband hope, and I believe that in itself has made a difference.
Recently he completed 3 NAD IVs, he now takes 2 injections a week along with peptide injections. All can be googled with “Alzheimer’s”to see the pros and cons of any of these therapies. I know it’s not the mainstream therapy.. but it’s what we are comfortable with at this point. I’m always researching for a safe treatment with a positive outcome to try.
I’m grateful for all who contribute to this forum… although my mom had Alzheimer’s over 20 years ago.. being the caretaker of your spouse of 50 years… high school sweethearts… is completely different. I’ve had soo many AHHA moments. When a symptom pops up and I recall your suggestions and I’ve handled it much better your way.
This forum is the first thing I read in the morning.. the last when my head hits the pillow. Some posts have brought me to tears.. others have made me laugh… some I think, oh me too!
Thank you all so much. We are truly all in this together.3 -
The Gamma wave idea has actually been around since at lease 2019. I do not remember any conversations about it here.
I sometimes think we throw ideas at the wall in hopes something will stick.
Maybe just be certain that you are "doing no harm" and experiment.
1 -
I don't know if anything helps but I think if the PWD is in early stage and still able to make a decision and wants to try something that is affordable (I wouldn't spend a lot on something that has no medical backing because there are a lot of scams), that gives them hope might be a good thing. Living for years with no hope is hard. I don't know, if they don't work, is false hope better than no hope. I have wondered about that.
2 -
SunnySD
Thank you for all that! I've been thinking of taking my DH to an Integrative medicine Dr in our area and have been doing a lot of reading and listening about it all. Every bit of information helps me in making the decision.
1 -
I've also been researching peptides and related therapies lately. While the evidence is still developing for many of them, I've found the educational information at https://peptides.io/peptides/ useful for understanding what different peptides are being studied and their proposed mechanisms. It's definitely important to weigh both the potential benefits and limitations and discuss any treatment decisions with qualified healthcare professionals.0
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help