Emotional aggression
He forgets things from a discussion 10 minutes ago. He was an engineer and very smart - now it's me telling him how to do things correctly. He'll get upset that I'm telling him the practical way, so I've begun to just let him fail over and over.
His favorite comment is 'you just love to argue'. Usually later he will recognize he said or did something wrong and tell me he loves me.
These episodes are becoming more frequent. Do I just say 'sorry' immediately even though I didn't get emotionally abusive just to change the mood. Or let him brew and think about it?
Comments
-
Hasn't been diagnosed0
-
I think if it is something that don't matter just let him do it his way, correctly can be in the eye of the beholder. You will have to except that things will not be done the way you want or the way they were done in the past, but if it don't mater don't worry about it. If it does matter but can wait just let him do it and it can be changed later. If it matters now offer to help. We get used to things being done a certain way and we want them to be done that way but it really don't matter so it is not worth getting in an argument that no one wins over. Letting thing go or being done in an odd way is hard to get used to but after you do get used to it, it is not all bad not worrying about how things are done or if something doesn't get done. If someone come over and see's something odd you blame him even if you did it.
2
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help