Dads MRI is Wednesday
I want to tank everyone who was so kind to answer my desperate plea for help. I received soooooo much advice & guidance & I count myself so blessed to have found a direction to follow. Someone recommended to me to get the book “The CareGivers Script.” (20.00 on Amazon).
IT IS PHENOMENAL . It is a literal prescription for a caregiver who wants to set a healthy boundary. It show the things not to say (usually how I would react) and they teach you to RePivot and deliver the exact same message you wanted to deliver but now because your not emotionally charged, you have identified you feeling of stress and anger and realized that what you were going through was actually GREIF. So now instead I will now deliver it with calm voice, love & respect. Meeting Dad where he is at. Identifying my feelings of guilt are just the grief of Dad slipping away from me.
The book gives. Me remission to grieve. I’m so grateful for that.
This book is the how to handle many many challenges care-partners experience. I’m practicing the next few though conversations I have coming up and I know they will go a lot better for me if I utilize all the tools I’m learning.
If you are just beginning your journey with your PWD I highly recommend this tool. I will always carry it around with me.
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help