Virginia Housing Help
I need to get her near me in VA. I have been dealing with the federal courts for almost 8 years trying to clear my name from a vindictive client and lost everything in the process- so I don’t have a viable house I can bring her to.
I know I am responsible for her- but I’m not sure what to do. I’m overwhelmed with all the injustices I’ve faced and this doesn’t help either.
I don’t have custody yet- but she’s also blind and feisty- as she doesn’t want to leave her house. I don’t have anyone to care for her in Puerto Rico nor funds.
Is there any kind of help for housing? I don’t mind caring for her if needed, but I also have my own issues to deal with.
Currently- god put it on me to audit the U.S. Supreme Court and U.S. Judicial Branch for corruption- but I don’t get pay for that. The audit context will be freely distributed at https://karenbaez65.academia.edu/research#drafts
I have to bring her to VA ASAP. I’m lost and overly frustrated.
Comments
-
Welcome. If she lives in Puerto Rico currently, is she a U.S. citizen? I think lack of citizenship might be an obstacle for government aid. If she is a U.S. citizen you could apply for Medicaid. The qualifications and what is actually covered vary by state. If you tack on to that any finances in Puerto Rico things are going to get really crazy. You should probably talk with a lawyer. This sounds like it could be complicated. I will attach a Medicaid link. It may give you enough information to at least ask a lawyer some reasonable questions. Do you have a DPOA? This is very important!
0 -
A good place to start would be your Area Agency on Aging. You can access Virginia-specific information here:
0 -
I'd run this by a certified elder law attorney. As a citizen, she may qualify for Institutional Medicaid once she moves to VA.
If she's a veteran or widow of a veteran, she may qualify for some assistance via the VA.
HB0
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help
