Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.
Centiloid Score
pjswiftwater
Member Posts: 10
Member
My SO had a brain scan last fall and I just found out the other day that the Centiloid Score was 147.5. I hadn't heard of this score before and the limited research I have done doesn't sound good. Anyone here familiar with this? TIA
1
Comments
-
no familiar but found this:
A Centiloid Score of 147 indicates a very high, extensive burden of beta-amyloid plaques in the brain. On the standardized Centiloid Project scale, 0 represents a negative result (healthy young controls) and 100 represents a typical Alzheimer's disease patient. [1, 2, 3]A score of 147 is well above the conservative amyloid-positivity threshold of ~30 and indicates established pathology with high certainty. I'm so sorry about your SO. Please keep us posted.
3
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help
