Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

UPDATE - July 14th - Cancer update and thoughts & prayers appreciated...

SDianeL
SDianeL Member Posts: 3,421
1,500 Insightfuls Reactions 1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 1,000 Care Reactions
Member

Update - surgery July 8th went well. I'm home recuperating. I live with my daughter & son-in-law. Thank God for family. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate them. Love & hugs to all.

Just wanted to check in. I haven't been online as much lately. I finished my radiation for Angiosarcoma recurrence June 4th, and will have more major surgery July 8th. Appreciate the thoughts and prayers. I think of all of you often. Love and hugs. Diane 💜

«1

Comments

  • Karen711
    Karen711 Member Posts: 296
    250 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    Dear Diane- sending hugs, thoughts and prayers your way!!! You are a courageous warrior! 💜

  • sfrsythe
    sfrsythe Member Posts: 47
    25 Likes Second Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 10 Comments
    Member

    Oh Diane I will definitely have you in my thoughts and prayers. You have always given such great wisdom. Blessings over your life through this journey. You will never be forgotten by me!😘

  • psg712
    psg712 Member Posts: 787
    250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments Third Anniversary
    Member

    Diane, I know how draining radiation can be. My heart and prayers are with you as you face more surgery. So appreciate all of your guidance and compassion.

  • Bowerbird
    Bowerbird Member Posts: 97
    100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments
    Member

    I'm glad you posted this update and made it through the radiation. Wishing you the best on your upcoming surgery. I always look for your responses in these forums, as they are so caring and knowledgeable.

  • blacksparky
    blacksparky Member Posts: 424
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 250 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member
  • blacksparky
    blacksparky Member Posts: 424
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 250 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    🙏🙏🙏

  • LearningCurve
    LearningCurve Member Posts: 98
    25 Care Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary
    Member

    Sending prayers, much love, peace, and that you will have whatever you need and feel God's presence every step of the way. xxx

  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,411
    Ninth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Dear Diane.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care yourself. We are out here for you. Hugs Zetta 🫂

  • jgreen
    jgreen Member Posts: 514
    500 Likes 500 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    Member

    May God watch over you, @SDianeL. You are so good to all of us here. I will keep you in my prayers. I look forward to hearing from you after your surgery.

    💝

  • Ed's mom
    Ed's mom Member Posts: 103
    100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 10 Comments
    Member

    You will be in my prayers Diane. You were the first person to comment and offer wonderful advice, I can never thank you enough. Take care of yourself now and please keep us posted

  • Salliek
    Salliek Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions First Comment
    Member

    Diane, as you read our responses, please know how true they all are. Feel our prayers as they guide the return of your health.

  • Jgirl57
    Jgirl57 Member Posts: 898
    Sixth Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    (((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) (((Hugs)))

  • NannyG55
    NannyG55 Member Posts: 1,417
    1000 Comments 250 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions
    Member

    Continuing to lift you up in prayer for strength, healing and recovery. Big Hugs to you❤️

  • CMC62
    CMC62 Member Posts: 37
    25 Care Reactions 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes
    Member

    Wishing you the best with your upcoming surgery. Sending prayers.

  • annie51
    annie51 Member Posts: 817
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 250 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Comments
    Member

    I’ve been praying for you and will continue until you’re cured, and beyond. You are so strong! We’re all pulling for you. Hugs!

  • Biggles
    Biggles Member Posts: 892
    1,500 Care Reactions 500 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Well done getting through the radiation, that in itself is exhausting enough but now the surgery, wishing you the very best for the next phase. Your caring knowledge on this forum is so appreciated. Now it’s your turn to take care and receive strength from all of us.

  • Chance Rider
    Chance Rider Member Posts: 390
    250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    Diane, thank you for posting this update and allowing us to lift you up in prayer, strength, and healing thoughts. {{{HUGS}}}

  • trottingalong
    trottingalong Member Posts: 1,072
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Likes 1000 Comments 500 Care Reactions
    Member

    I have been noticing you haven’t been as active lately. I have been thinking of you. Thanks for the update, though I’m sorry to hear about your cancer occurrence. I will keep you in my prayers. Take good care of you.

  • BPS
    BPS Member Posts: 543
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Thank you for all your support through your posting and now wishing you the best. God Bless you,

  • Goodlife2025
    Goodlife2025 Member Posts: 490
    250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    Diane, thank you for this update I have been hoping you were away on some amazing cruise or vaca. So sorry to hear of your upcoming surgery but will pray it resolves all the cancer and you quickly regain all your strength. Hoping you have really great family supports right now….

  • Michele P
    Michele P Member Posts: 549
    500 Comments 250 Likes 250 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions
    Member

    You are in my prayers. I wish you all the best with your surgery. God bless you. ♥️

  • jen ht
    jen ht Member Posts: 235
    100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Member
    21606.jpg

    💜🙏🫂

    Lifting you up in prayer

  • jen ht
    jen ht Member Posts: 235
    100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Member
    17020.gif

    🙏

  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 1,246
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Likes 1000 Comments 500 Care Reactions
    Member

    Diane, my thoughts and prayers are with you as you prepare for your surgery. Praying for your healing, peace and comfort. Sending big hugs.

    Brenda

  • Sunfish47
    Sunfish47 Member Posts: 140
    100 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Diane, you are so generous with your time and advice to all of us on this forum and it is so very appreciated. I am praying for God to get you thru this. Stay strong.

  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 6,936
    Ninth Anniversary 1,500 Insightfuls Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments
    Member

    @SDianeL

    Prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

    HB

  • cdgbdr
    cdgbdr Member Posts: 314
    100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Member

    May God bless you as you go through this. You have been such a help to all of us hete.

  • RetiredTeacher
    RetiredTeacher Member Posts: 398
    500 Care Reactions Fourth Anniversary 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Diane, you have helped so many of us along this journey. We all want to support you going through this. Healing thoughts and prayers go out to you. Stay strong and pls update as you are able. 🙏 for you.

  • RetiredTeacher
    RetiredTeacher Member Posts: 398
    500 Care Reactions Fourth Anniversary 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member
  • Marla13
    Marla13 Member Posts: 69
    Third Anniversary 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    You have given needed advice to so many. Sending prayers for a complete recovery.

Commonly Used Abbreviations


DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more