Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.
New /but on the recieveing
UNIVERSAL/forgot
Member Posts: 2
Member
I knew it was out there 30yrs of giving care recognizing and being supportive now it's my turn.
Not very good at receiving help how strange and forthcoming is that? Ok enough of me here's the low down ,married I take it seriously well it started with the drinking and than the falling down than drinking let up to just 2- 3 beers but the kicker adds sugar substances and than the cognitive starts the term "afternoon delight" clarity than the attitude then behaviors and omg I'm exhausted already...
More he's in total male pride denial!!!# back to me I suffered a serious injury pilon fracture tibia ankle with hardware so I'm a cripple for the last 15 months and guess what there's no support from the cocoo nests except he says I'm here I have the financial you are dependent on me crap it's kinda true I'm literally waiting on disability and a injury settlement all scheduled out over next few months. Literally venting. How is everyone and thank you for letting vent . Please feel free to be direct transparency I'll be.
Not very good at receiving help how strange and forthcoming is that? Ok enough of me here's the low down ,married I take it seriously well it started with the drinking and than the falling down than drinking let up to just 2- 3 beers but the kicker adds sugar substances and than the cognitive starts the term "afternoon delight" clarity than the attitude then behaviors and omg I'm exhausted already...
More he's in total male pride denial!!!# back to me I suffered a serious injury pilon fracture tibia ankle with hardware so I'm a cripple for the last 15 months and guess what there's no support from the cocoo nests except he says I'm here I have the financial you are dependent on me crap it's kinda true I'm literally waiting on disability and a injury settlement all scheduled out over next few months. Literally venting. How is everyone and thank you for letting vent . Please feel free to be direct transparency I'll be.
4
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help