LO urinating in other areas of house
I am asking for help on how to deal with my LO who is urinating on counter on bathroom,laundry room,garbage cans in kitchen, etc. LO has PCA and dementia. I have a red toilet seat,light above toilet pad around bottom of toilet. LO also has Anognosia. It is getting to where my whole house has a urine smell no matter how much I clean. I am desperate for suggestions. Will not wear briefs because of believing he does not do it, and there is no reason for him to wear them.
Comments
-
My DH went through this stage. There was no stopping him. He just had. no understanding of where to go any more, and even if the toilet seat had been red, he wouldn't have recognized it as where to go.
He peed in the garbage can A LOT. And the bathtub, next to the toilet, next to the bed, on the dog's bed…. When we were outside, he just peed wherever. Good thing we live in a rural area!
When I placed him, he would pee in every corner of the facility. Putting briefs on him didn't work, either. It was just a stage that had to pass.
Luckily for me, #2 was almost always done on the toilet.1 -
Welcome, @Sdcrew
So sorry to read you find yourself at this stage. I am not yet there with my DH. But there are several posts about this same issue with responses you may find useful. I recommend you use the search tool and look for ‘incontinence’ to see what pops up.
One theme that pops up is to start ‘potty training’ by taking your LO to the toilet every hour or two. You want your LO hydrated, but maybe watch fluid intake after 4 or 5 pm to minimize nighttime accidents.
Best of luck to you.
2 -
My dh did this, and we ended up getting him these one-piece jumpsuits, which he used until the end of his life.
4 -
A toileting schedule and supervision in the bathroom might reduce this. A jumpsuit and supervision would likely eliminate it.
Odoban is great for dealing with urine odors. I've see it at Lowe's.HB
4
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help

