New to this site
Comments
-
The user and all related content has been deleted.3
-
My husband age 84 also very confused at night. Like last night, he kept wanting to go back to “his house “ and kept asking “what building is this?” and “where can I lay down?” He was tired and anxious. I had him brush his teeth, change tshirt and underwear, and then showed him our bedroom and told him he could lie down while I watch tv in the living room. So he lay down and I put on the soft sleep music I play for him. But 30 minutes later he was out again in the living room trying to tell me where the bedroom is so I could also lie down. I assured him I know where the bedroom is. Then he went back in the room, and ten minutes later was out again trying to give me directions as to how to find the bedroom. He usually repeats this 5-6 times before he finally lays down and goes to sleep. Then when I’m ready for sleep a few hours later, I get him up to use the bathroom so we don’t end up with a wet bed.
This is our night time routine.4 -
My husband had strong tremors in bed last night which kept both of us up for hours. He was so shaky he couldn’t get up to urinate. He coughed and probably had a fever, but is fine now and doesn’t remember anything. I need advice.0
-
There was an error rendering this rich post.
0
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help