Stage 5 Sleeping
Hello Dear Friends, My DH is stage 5 and has been sleeping more than usual! Would this be that he is going into a different stage? He talks alot during his sleep. I try to wake him up and he would rather sleep. Any recommendations or thoughts?
Comments
-
Let him sleep. He is tired. Before going to memory care, my wife slept a lot. I figured it help both of us. She got the sleep she needed and I got a temporary break from caretaking.
0 -
My husband, also stage 5, is “napping” frequently during the day lately. I figure the more advanced the disease becomes it’s harder for him to do things so his brain needs rest. We saw his doctor last Wednesday and she agreed with just letting him sleep. As Damiross said, it also gives me a short break.
0 -
IMO let him sleep. IME it is part of progression
0
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help