Sell car
I need advice on what to tell DH about his car. A year and 1/2 ago I gave his truck to my son as DH should not be driving. At the time I told him it was being serviced dead battery engine light coming on - all true. Well 11/2 yrs. later he is still demanding to get his car back- yelling, bagging his cane, calling my children incessantly wanting it back. I keep telling him they are waiting for a part. He wants to go see his truck at the service station and really doesn’t believe me. I want to sell the car and just tell him it cost too much to repair it so we sold it! Advice? Good idea or bad? Tks
Comments
-
DH's car needed a new state inspection sticker. We always used the same local garage. I stopped by before the appointment and talked to the owner. We dropped the car off early morning. Late afternoon the owner, who DH trusted, called to say that it needed more work than the car was worth to fix it. Luckily, DH accepted that and remarked that we were a one car couple now. He accepted me driving as it is my car.
When I talked to the station owner, he said he had done this before for other families. If you have a relationship with a mechanic, ask if they can help you with this.
7
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help