Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Hospital Delirium Again

trottingalong
trottingalong Member Posts: 1,073
Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Likes 1000 Comments 500 Care Reactions
Member

I won’t go into the horror story of my husbands last night in the hospital with delirium, but instead focus on a more humorous story he told. I left the hospital to feed our dogs and when I came back a nurse was in the room. She told me my husband was just telling her how he lost his fingers to a shark attack. I started laughing and said “what?” He had told her an elaborate story about us fishing in our boat (we did use to have one) and one time sharks had surrounded the boat and one bit his 3 fingers off. I started laughing and told her we did indeed have a boat in the past but we were never surrounded by sharks and my husband lost his fingers to a table saw. My husband lying there, said “oh ya, table saw.” Then she looked at the tv and said “you may want to turn that off.” We were watching Shark Week.

Comments

  • MaryMN
    MaryMN Member Posts: 80
    100 Likes 25 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 10 Comments
    Member

    Thanks for the laugh!

  • SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 3,421
    1,500 Insightfuls Reactions 1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 1,000 Care Reactions
    Member

    thanks for sharing!

  • Lethe
    Lethe Member Posts: 125
    100 Comments 100 Likes 100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    That’s funny! Thanks for the laugh.

  • Biggles
    Biggles Member Posts: 892
    1,500 Care Reactions 500 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    ha ha just what I needed

  • jgreen
    jgreen Member Posts: 514
    500 Likes 500 Comments 250 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions
    Member

    You found some humor in a bad situation, @trottingalong. Good for you and thanks for sharing

    😂🤣😂

  • wose
    wose Member Posts: 435
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Comments Second Anniversary
    Member

    I like his version, so much more exciting and adventurous. I hope you have a good day today.

  • Chance Rider
    Chance Rider Member Posts: 390
    250 Care Reactions 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member
    edited August 1

    Thank you for sharing! Besides giving me a good chuckle your post helps me remember that there still are moments of humor.

  • annie51
    annie51 Member Posts: 817
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 250 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Comments
    Member

    I got a good chuckle from your story. You have to find humor wherever you can! 😊

  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 1,246
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Likes 1000 Comments 500 Care Reactions
    Member

    thanks for brightening up my day.

  • Maru
    Maru Member Posts: 544
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    TY, not only for a good morning laugh but for reminding me of something DH did and said the other day. Since it involves peeing and some language, I can't tell the story, but when it happened I almost doubled over with laughter. and had a hard time stopping. Side note: DH took my laughter in good spirits even though he couldn't quite grasp what was so funny. Definitely, we need to enjoy those moments.

Commonly Used Abbreviations


DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more