Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Just need to talk to my friends (221)

1…78101213

Comments

  • GothicGremlin
    GothicGremlin Member Posts: 1,624
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Care Reactions
    Member

    I'm back - and now going to try to catch up. 🙂

    My friend left yesterday - it was a good visit. It was great to catch up with her, and really just hang out. We watched Backrooms the night before she left. Has anyone seen it? It's fairly recent, maybe from this last May? It's gotten great reviews and made several hundred million dollars at the box office. I'm still not sure how I feel about it though. It was creepy, to be sure. Disquieting, maybe? But I'm not sure whether I liked it. Here's the trailer - there's nothing gross in in. Here's the background. I really like the idea….

    HB - I haven't heard anything good about A Place for Mom. I'm glad you have other options.

    Beth - Your fair photos are great! The town where I went to high school had a county fair that looked similar (no Sky Glider though), and because it was fairly rural, there were a lot of animals. Thank you for that.

    I think I'd heard of Ruthie as well, but I'm not sure where.

    My friend is so allergic to gyms. 😄 I went on my own anyway.

    Iris - I love your cats. They look comfy sitting there in the shade.

    About Night of the Living Dead - I bet if you watched it again you wouldn't have nightmares. Just remember that the "blood" is actually Hershey's syrup. And once you know that, you can see that it really is that. It just hides a little better since the movie is in black and white.

    Zetta - I love your Sammy too. In that photo he really looks like he wants something. Probably food.

    Lorita - I can see why you're looking forward to fall, it seems like you've been seeing 102 degree weather for way too long. I'm glad it seems like you don't have too much wind damage.

    Goodlife and HB - I miss Joann's a lot too. I don't sew a lot, but I've been known to make some of my own clothes.

    Other than gym and my friend's visit, things have been fairly quiet here. I got all of my errands done today, including most of my medicare "wellness" check doctor's visit. I passed the written. Now I have to do the labs.

    We're supposed to get some rain over the weekend, which even though I don't want it, I know that we need it.

  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 5,692
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 1,000 Likes 500 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Thanks Judith, about reminding me about Michael. I do remember seeing an email ftom him when I was sick with Covid, but I wasn't in a condition to reply to him. I'll reply to him later today (Saturday).

    I had my biannual dental cleaning today. One tooth has lost its enamel and the dentist said it's not bleachable, because it's worn down to the dentin layer.

    I went to a free computer workshop earlier, offered by the County to help older adults keep up with the digital world. I learned a few new things.

    GG, you have a lot of friends, it's nice that you can keep in touch with them.

    Lorita, I hope the winds die down now.

    Iris

  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 6,936
    Ninth Anniversary 1,500 Insightfuls Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments
    Member

    Good morning. Yesterday was just splendid. Low 80s, low humidity, sunny and with a light breeze but it's gloomy at the moment. Rain forecasted after dinner. We got 1.5" Wednesday into Thursday which is the most I can recall all summer.

    Lorita— When we medicated out St. Bernard, we used to imbed it in cream cheese. For him it did the trick. Cats were trickier; I especially loathed the pink bubblegum amoxicillin They'd shake their heads and then get sticky pink goo in their ruffs. Worst of all was if then toddler DS had an ear infection while the cat was dealing with a corneal abrasion and I had to double check which was which when dosing. The child was much easier.

    Goodlife— Walmart requires planning from where I live— the nearest is 30 minutes away and not a Super Center so scant sewing supplies. Hobby Lobby is even farther away and would require $8 in tolls. I buy many notions and supplies from Wawak— they have an unusual depth of inventory, great prices and customer service and delivery in a day or two.

    Gothic G— Michael's has introduced a small sewing section. It's pretty awful— mostly fleece and quilting when I was at the one near mom's. They did have thread and a handful of supplies.

    https://www.wawak.com/?msclkid=2dba9474253b1b3e9c7bfefda832793b&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Wawak%20%7C%20Brand&utm_term=Wawak&utm_content=Wawak%20%7C%20Exact

    For fabric I go to Philadelphia's Fabric Row. They're down to about 3 shops, but have a great selection of fashion, utility and home dec. Sometimes I stop in if I'm getting a haircut. There's nothing like hauling rolls of fabric home on the train.

    I usually make gravy from scratch, but some things don't lend themselves to it. I'm not above a packet of Pioneer or Cracker Barrel— lower in calories as a bonus. DH usually prefers it to mine; he grew up on canned soup as a "secret ingredient".

    ___________________________________________________________________________

    We went to Lancaster yesterday so DS could do some railfanning ahead of the start of school. I only went along to go to a terrific kitchen store where I bought a couple of very random things— a butter bell, a couple swing-top bottles, a Weck jar, a new guard for DS's chef's knife (still don't have one for mine— yes, we share a car but knives as personal, LOL), some scrapers, a sandwich spreader knife and a couple spatulas since they said black ones were dangerous. I killed some time at the outlets, but nothing really spoke to me.

    We're meeting friends for dinner but before that I have to mark and hem 3 pair of pants— 2 for DS and 1 for mom. She's trickier because of scoliosis and knit fabric. His need to be washed for Wednesday start of classes. I guess this means summer is winding down. I noticed my cherry has a couple yellow leaves scattered in the canopy.

    I hope all have a pleasant day.

    HB

  • Carl46
    Carl46 Member Posts: 1,743
    500 Care Reactions 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    I used to make gravy from scratch but lack the patience to do it well. Pro tip: Lumps disappear if the gravy is whirled in a blender. My FIL, who loved gravy and made it very well, was appalled to see me do that.

    We're expecting a heavy thunderstorm this afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s + lows in the mid 60s + occasional T-storms = normal August weather.

    Thanks for the warning, GG. I have enough nightmares without watching things like that.

    Hope you all have a great day. If driving, keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

  • eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 1,180
    Legacy Membership 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    Member

    Good morning all.

    Rain? Not here, just a blasting furnace we live in. It will seem funny to everyone, but last night it cooled down to 95 and people were outside in the neighborhood chatting like it was 75! It really was an ok temp compared to the 105+ we've been having.

    HB I believe it was you that ask if my eye medication was Oxervate. Yes that's it and it dominates our lives. The last two days I've not been on because me eyes were too sore to focus up close. Today I can do so. This is labor intense with the drops every two hours. Three weeks down only five more weeks. I see the doctor the end of next week for a test to see if this is doing anything for my eyes. If its not I'm going to have to decide to either stop or see if doing the entire eight weeks does something. Its temperature sensitive so you can't take it with you when you leave the house. Plus you have to draw it up into a syringe type of thing, I just can't see doing that anywhere but home. Enough about the eyes. They are sore, that's for sure.

    I'm going to go back & try to catch up. Let's be safe everyone.

  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 5,692
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 1,000 Likes 500 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Good morning.

  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 6,724
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes
    Member

    No rain here either, Eagle. It's 92 so a little break in the awful heat. Tulsa has had 22 days over 100_ I think that is consecutive. They had thought the rain in north Kansas might make it here but looks like Carl and Ron are going to get it.

    I ran two water hoses out to the maple and watered it for three hours and every drop soaked in. I don't want to lose it. A couple of years ago had an old tree taken out and this tree wss growing right next to it- didn't even know it. The Tree guy said it's some type of maple - not like the others.

    Eagle, what is your eye diagnosis? Those drops sound very demanding to use I use drops all during the.day for dry eyes. They are uncomfortable today.

    We just came into the bedroom so may take a nap.

    I had a call from Logan's brother who mailed Scarlet's urn to me. He checked with UPS and was told they left it at the main gate, day unknown to me. Went down and it was back from the gate in tall grass. It's okay. Called Logan and left a message that Scarlet is home. I need to get my sister's urn so I can scatter them together - if I can do it.

  • jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 5,361
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 1,000 Likes 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Always good to get the tracking number and follow where the package is. All my packages are left on my front porch. I will also get a photo of exactly where delivery is left.

  • eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 1,180
    Legacy Membership 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    Member

    I'm sorry but that's pretty irresponsible of UPS on the handling of the package. I also get a tracking number no matter what. The good news is that you now have Scarlet. There is no rush for you to do anything Lorita.

    I don't have a specific name of the type of dry eye that I have. It just became worse very quickly, that was the concern. It would be so easy if the drops were in an eye dropper like normal eye drops - but no they are not. That's the issue with them. Each drop for each eye every time is drawn from a vial keep below 77 degrees. Each draw is with a new puncture device and adaptor for placing the drop in the eye. I can almost guess within a few minutes when the two hour timer will go off!

  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 6,724
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes
    Member

    I don't send anything with UPS- the urn came from OKC. I became phone friends with the manager at the UPS that delivers out here complaining about deliveries. Now can't through to anyone- phone is always busy.

    Watching Eldoraro. Eagle, so sorry about the problematic eyedrops. I hope they help

    Good night, sleep tight.

  • jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 5,361
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 1,000 Likes 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    UPS, USPS or Fedex will have a tracking number on the receipt.

  • GothicGremlin
    GothicGremlin Member Posts: 1,624
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Care Reactions
    Member

    Iris - What do you have to do when the enamel has been worn off of a tooth? I guess I didn't know that could happen.

    I don't have scads of friends, but I do have several very close ones.

    HB - I don't know of any place around where I live that has decent fabrics. I wait until I go to the Bay Area. San Francisco has a couple of places that are still pretty good. There's a place in the Haight, and one in the Castro. There used to be a great place in the Mission, but it closed about a year and a half ago.

    Carl - Do you mean avoiding Backrooms or Queens of the Dead? (or, probably both!) 😄 Queens of the Dead is just plain old silly. Backrooms might cause some nightmares even though for most of the movie nothing happens except for the two main actors walk through a maze-like place that looks like an empty office building that no one in their right mind would want to work in. We decided that Backrooms would make a fantastic 1/2 hour Twilight Zone episode. But two hours is just way too long.

    eaglemom - That eye regimen is unbelievable. I'm so sorry. I hope that when you get through it all, you get the results you're hoping for.

    I've got everything tidied up now that my friend has left.

    My s.o. and I played a couple of games of Arkham Horror (board game). We have several of the expansions (I should have taken a photo), and it takes up the entire table with the leaf in. We thought we'd play a couple of games before putting it away since it's a big pain to set up and take down. Fun though.

  • ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,926
    Legacy Membership 500 Care Reactions 500 Likes 1000 Comments
    Member

    Good morning,

    I need to go back fishing, my blood pressure has been running high ever since I got home.

    Ron

  • Carl46
    Carl46 Member Posts: 1,743
    500 Care Reactions 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    GG, I meant Backrooms. I have recurrent nightmares about being lost in office buildings (no doubt due to having spent 50 years in government buildings) and the movie trailer didn't seem entertaining. Queens of the Dead went right over my head. I take my latent gothness much too seriously to be amused by something like that.

    I think we all lose enamel as we age. When it becomes thin enough, the dentin shows through and old people have yellow teeth. My brother and his wife had theirs capped, but they have a lot more money than most people. The rest of us eat with yellow teeth and are grateful to not require dentures. You'll understand when you're older 😉

  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 6,724
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes
    Member

    Morning, waiting for grocery delivery. My right knee and hip have been bothering me so needed to get new glucosamine. No sign of girls so they're off grazing during this nice cool morning. Need to fill their water tank so the little ones can drink when they come up.

    I don't watch scary movies. If there is a hint of it being scary when I read about it I don't watch. Life or Watching the news is scary enough. I was checking my delivery a few minutes ago and it showed the price of a tire- $161. I can remember buying tires years ago for under $50. I haven't bought tires for almost 12 years. I remember they were expensive because they were big, many ply, pickup tires.

    Better go fill that water tank.Back later.

  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,411
    Ninth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Good afternoon Porch Friends.

    GG. Im glad you enjoyed your visit from your friend. It's always so nice to get things back in order after your guest leave. Sammy my kitty was getting ready to jump on my lap. He was stretching up to see if anything else was there.

    HB. My DD, who i live with takes after her dad, she makes everything from scratch. I made my gravy from a package, it was good until I tasted his. I like hearing how you take trains places, when I was a kid we took connecting 🚌 🚌 bus to places, in Sacramento. With all the busses in the city we were never left without a way home. Do trains connect real good?

    EM. Im sorry your eyes are still being a issue, five weeks still seems a long time. Hang in there. 🙂

    Lorita. Im glad Scarlet is safe. It surprises me something like this has happened. She should have been brought right to you at your door. Am I miss understanding she was left at the main gate? When I had Dan, sent to his son's one is Wyoming and one in Oregon, he was taken right to the place of delivery and handed over. This was something that was handled right through the Funeral Home.

    It's 88 right now, most of the smoke from the suranding fires has gone. Im ready to go sit outside in the sun for a little while. Two dogs are at the door waiting for me to get up and take them out.

    Hugs Zetta

  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 5,692
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 1,000 Likes 500 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Good afternoon.

    Zetta, usually Bunco calls for three tables of four players each. Last week we had 11 players, so one table played with a "ghost", meaning one player played twice. It's really fun and entertaining for an afternoon.

    I live in a gated community. FedEx left my package outside one of the locked gates but I never knew it. When I complained, the company did sent me a replacement, but this time FedEx dropped the package at my door. I was told that they don't have a vendor code to get in, but they got in that time.

    I know people like ordering and receiving packages, and my neighbors are always getting packages, even when they are not home. But sometimes the deliverers will leave a package at the mailbox instead of going to the door.

    Judith, I was able to find Michael's email and I did reply to him. Thank you for the reminder.

    Ron, I hope you can get back into a relaxation mode very soon!

    The weather people are predicting a strong El Niño winter in SoCal, which means heavy rainfall. This will be good for our reservoirs because we are in a drought, but bad for areas prone to landslides and land movement.

    Iris

  • eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 1,180
    Legacy Membership 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    Member

    On the patio, east side of the house, in the shade 112! Unbelievable. I'm so thankful for my house that has a wonderful cooling air conditioner.

    Let's be safe everyone.

  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 5,692
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 1,000 Likes 500 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    GG, the dentist said enamel can be worn off by teeth grinding but I don't grind my teeth, and the worn enamel is in the front. Like Carl says, it's probably a factor of aging. The dentin underneath in my case is gray. The tooth is otherwise strong, the dentist wants to place a crown which entails grinding down the tooth. I already have a mouthful of crowns. It's better to have one's own natural teeth, IMHO.

    Iris

  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 6,724
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes
    Member
    edited August 24

    Hi UPS has left all kinds of pkgs. At the main gate from medicine for Charles from the VA to Omaha Steaks. I have made dozens of calls to them to complain. You can't see the house from the main gate because of the trees so maybe they are afraid but I think its just plain laziness.

    Not sure how hot it was today but looks like it will be in the upper 90s this week. Now that is in Tulsa, North of us so I imagine we will hit 100 and above.

    Stormy got down today and couldn't get his back end up. His back legs kind of went out to the side -Just couldn't get his footing on the wood floors. Sheena did that but I could boost her up. Stormy weighs 100 pounds and I can't lift him. I trimmed his nails this week so maybe that contributed to him not getting his footing. I have three big dogbeds like thick rugs about 3x5 in the living room and two in the bedroom. Maybe that will help. I love Great Pyrenees -'have had three but my next dog may be midsize. Stormy seems to be in good health. He can run if he wants to but he will be 12 next March. Scares me. If I can find a GP puppy or young one that would work because I won't be around for 12 years so they would outlast me. Mike would find a good home for the GP.

    When Darwin lost his last dog he would not get another. His dog went everywhere with him in his truck and Mule, fishing, feeding and checking his girls. He said he gets too attached to them and it hurts too much to lose them. His last dog was big and so sweet.

    I'll hush for now so will say good night.

  • GothicGremlin
    GothicGremlin Member Posts: 1,624
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Likes 1000 Comments 250 Care Reactions
    Member

    Today was the perfect lazy Sunday that I haven't had in a long time. I got up late, did a little writing, but otherwise played board games with my s.o. King salmon was on sale yesterday so that's what we had today for lunch. Then a vegetable salad for dinner. Very strict ABC day.

    Carl - Backrooms is definitely not for you. Latent gothness? Well, then. Here's a movie for you, probably the gothiest movie I've ever seen - The Hunger. It's a 1980s (vampire) movie starring Susan Sarandon, David Bowie, and Catherine Deneuve. It has atmosphere, style, and Peter Murphy of Bauhaus singing Bela Lugosi's Dead over the credits. It just doesn't get any gothier than that. The clip I linked to isn't the trailer, but it's the first 3 min., with Bauhaus singing at a goth club filled with trad goths, and David Bowie and Catherine Deneuve looking for their next meal. No silliness at all.

    Lorita - I hear you about the news being scary enough. That's why I run to the horror films - none of it's real!

    I hope you're able to get a GP puppy when you're ready.

    Iris - Peggy's best friend from kindergarten also likes to play Bunco. She was scandalized that I've never played it. 😄

    Iris and Carl - Now I understand (about enamel on teeth). I'm not yet 70, but I'm getting close, so it's something that might be in my future. My dentist hasn't said anything about it, so I guess I'm good for now.

    ladyzetta - Ahh, your Sammy definitely had that "I want something" look. I don't have cats right now, but I've always had them in the past and I know "the look".

    I'm really glad the smoke is going away. Things are pretty clear for us too.

  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 6,724
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes
    Member
    edited August 24

    I was m the process of erasing my previous post when my tablet ran out of power so.it stayed. I'm not at all thinking Stormy is in trouble because he is getting close to 12- just thinking. He needs a canine companion as soon as it gets cooler so they. can be outside There are six people on he lookout for a puppy and three shelters. Stormy would.love to teach a puppy just as Sheena taught.him.

  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 5,692
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 1,000 Likes 500 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Having an older pet is difficult.

    Good night.

    Iris

  • ronald71111
    ronald71111 Member Posts: 1,926
    Legacy Membership 500 Care Reactions 500 Likes 1000 Comments
    Member

    Good morning,

    2nd shingles shot today, dental and cardiologist tomorrow.

    Ron

  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 6,936
    Ninth Anniversary 1,500 Insightfuls Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments
    Member
    edited August 24

    Good morning. Sunny and cool today with low humidity. DS had a meeting on campus today ahead of his classes which start Wednesday.

    Lady Z— It seems like Sammie is a common cat name. I even have a friend with a big, fat orange Sammie at home. I saw an article that didn't even include the name on their Top 50 Cat Names List which surprised me. "Luna" was #1. LOL, I know of two Lunas— both crazy as cats go.

    Eaglemom— Are you getting a sense that the drop regimen is having any impacts aside from sucking any free time out of your life and irritation? I admire your commitment and hope you respond well to the treatment.

    Iris— I was invited to Bunco twice. The group invited was ridiculously social— mostly other band-moms and scout-moms. There was a lot of wine and amazing appetizers but no game. The second time the host didn't even bother to set up tables. Fun nights, nevertheless.

    Carl— The blender trick is a good one. Weirdest blender action I ever saw was the time DH put a young cabernet that "needed air" in the Osterizer. It wasn't pretty, but it worked.

    Lorita— I wonder if the soy-based tape is an attempt at reducing plastics in the waste stream with a more sustainable alternative.

    There are probably a lot of reasons your packages are left at the gate. UPS and USPS drivers are under tremendous time pressure to complete their routes which makes doing anything extra a less attractive option. If getting it to the gate is considered "delivered", I doubt this will change. I would guess Stormy plays into it as well; many drivers wouldn't risk the discipline they'd face for a dog bite. Since this probably isn't going to change, I wonder if getting a secure locker at the end or the gate or using a UPS Access Point to accept your packages. Locally, the Staples, some CVS and authorized shippers have these. Think of it as a PO box for packages. It's not as convenient as home delivery, but it's secure and would give you an excuse to take your car out reducing the rodent risks.

    UPS Access Point | UPS - United States



    I'd take care of scattering ashes asap unless you have a back-up person who can and will step in to do it if you can't for any reason. You wouldn't want them to end up in a warehouse as "unclaimed" if you don't get to it. Mom still has my sister in the linen closet, but I have a responsible adult niece I can pass them to.

    Ron— I hope you don't get the notorious 2nd-shingles-shot reaction. I swear I thought I had the flu. That reminds me, DS will be visiting hospitals for his clinicals. I should think about timing for our flu and Covid shots. I'll ask mom's pulmo when I see him.

    Gothic G— I do love a lazy Sunday. They're a real treat.
    _______________________________________________________________________________

    I should probably stop by mom's today. She has pants she wants hemmed, but when I pinned them there was a real discrepancy on one leg. I asked her to double check the inseams on a pair we just had professionally done and call me right back. After 30 minutes, I called her. She either didn't understand my sense of urgency (I'd like to put my machine away and tidy up the space I use for exercise, or she couldn't do it and refused to be honest about it. Her vision seems worse in the wild then on any vision test she takes of late. I don't know if she is in denial or if she thinks I'll rehome her immediately if I knew. Ugh.

    We're already busy tomorrow with a doctor's appointment, a trip to the bank to put some savings into laddered CDs, and a trip to the tax office to pay her property bill. I've penciled in Thursday to pack for her weekend away with my niece.

    At least I have dinner sorted out. A friend gave me jalapenos and serranos from her garden— so yay for sheetpan nachos.

    I hope all have a nice day.
    HB





  • eaglemom
    eaglemom Member Posts: 1,180
    Legacy Membership 1000 Comments 250 Likes 100 Care Reactions
    Member

    Good morning

  • jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 5,361
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 1,000 Likes 250 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member
    edited August 24

    UPS/FEDEX

    "Drivers are no longer allowed to drive down long driveways. Unless they can clearly see the other end and confirm there is room to turn around.

  • Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 5,692
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 1,000 Likes 500 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    Good morning.

    In LA County, we can't pay our property tax bill in person, it has to be mailed or posted online.

    Iris

  • NannyG55
    NannyG55 Member Posts: 1,417
    1000 Comments 250 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions
    Member

    just caught up with everyone today. Munchkin (great grandson) is late day napping. I don’t think he has a real sleep schedule at home 🙄 so each Monday we start over with keeping a regular routine.

    My funny for the day: He and I were sitting on the floor scrubbing oven racks (he was “helping”) and when I tried to get up I struggled a bit. He said “Grandma you old, Here, take my hand, I’ll help you cause you my Best Friend” 🙄😂😂😂❤️

  • Lorita
    Lorita Member Posts: 6,724
    Legacy Membership 5000 Comments 250 Care Reactions 250 Likes
    Member

    That's so sweet, Nanny. He will grow up to be a real gentleman.

    FedEx brought a pkg. to my porch this afternoon. It's just UPS that doesn't always. Many times they bring things to our post office and our mail carrier delivers them, mostly QVC. Not the driver's idea.

    Pretty nice day- mostly cloudy and around 90.

Commonly Used Abbreviations


DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more