Covid is still with us!
I am recovering from my third bout with Covid. I want to remind and warn everyone to continue to take precautions. I let my guard down and I got infected. I usually wear a mask and swab my area with disinfectant on a plane, but I didn't on my last trip, and three days later I came down with Covid.
I had all the Covid symptoms: very sore throat, heavy coughing, runny nose and sneezing, headache, fever, chills, body aches and weakness. My first test was negative, I will test again later today, which will be 48 hours after the first test.
Although Covid is presented as a seasonal disease, I don't think we can be complacent in the rest of the year. Covid is a year-round illness! We must be mindful of Covid precautions, especially for the immuno-compromised person and for older adults.
Be mindful that home tests may have false negative results for various reasons, such as being too early in the disease process, not getting a big enough viral load on the sample, or the test was not sensitive for all variants. If necessary, a PCR test may be more sensitive. Nevertheless, if testing remains negative but the person is symptomatic, isolation should continue until there is a resolution.
I did not have lower respiratory distress so I treated myself at home. But all vulnerable people should be monitored for breathing trouble and seek medical attention. Seek medical attention if you have any questions about the treatment of your Covid illness.
I discovered something interesting. Waste water is monitored for viruses. The waste water in my area, Los Angeles, shows a high level of Covid.
In closing, I hope everyone continues to remain vigilant in regards to Covid and continues to take precautions.
Iris
Comments
-
Thank you for the reminder. My husband has COPD and anything impacting his lungs can kill him.
1 -
Good to hear from you, Iris! I think traveling's always going to expose people much more, especially around vacation times. It doesn't take much to catch something. Hope you continue to weather things well this week.
0 -
Hope you feel better soon. Good to see your post and the reminders. A few weeks ago I had to go to a utilities office and it was closed due to several sick employees with COVID.
0
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help
