Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Not sure how to title thisšŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

JC5
JC5 Member Posts: 260
500 Care Reactions Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Likes
Member

Weeks now I’ve been hanging on! Washing sheets daily, cleaning bathroom before I get to use it in the morning! Stripping sheets daily , soaking ,washing repeat till no smell remains! Shopping cleaning paying bills ignoring his rants about his car and how he can’t drive! Getting worse and fortunately you all are here for me! No one else wants to hear it or deal with it! Not friends not family. So thank you all for being here for me.. even if it just to rant! 😘

Comments

  • RetiredTeacher
    RetiredTeacher Member Posts: 398
    500 Care Reactions Fourth Anniversary 250 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    I feel for you and all you are going through. You are right, people here understand, listen, accept, support, encourage and never judge. This site is a godsend for all of us. Praying you find a few minutes each day to soothe your soul and realize we can and will find a way through this. šŸ«‚ and šŸ™

  • Biggles
    Biggles Member Posts: 892
    1,500 Care Reactions 500 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    I’m hearing you loud and clear. it’s horrible, awful, sole destroying and you are so right, no one wants to know about it. Friends just walk away, it’s too hard to deal with, or they might catch it (go tell) or they don’t want to listen to the carer’s sobbing or constant ranting.

    In the early stages when I had access to a Psychologist, she said whatever help comes your way say yes and use it even if you think you don’t need it. She said the more help you can get the better you will be able to survive. I didn’t understand then but I sure do now. So I have swallowed my pride and have said yes to everything. Can you get Government help or paid help for some of the workload. Maybe you could get groceries delivered and coloured dependable’s just for night time in the guise of new pyjamas. It is exhausting but keep reaching out here there will be lots of ideas coming forth and lots of support. No one can do this alone. My thoughts are with you.

  • Maru
    Maru Member Posts: 544
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments
    Member

    We are not dealing with incontinence yet and I am already exhausted…but then I am really old. The others gave really good practical advice, I am just offering sympathy and hugs.

  • Victoriaredux
    Victoriaredux Member Posts: 337
    250 Likes 250 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions
    Member

    You're doing a lot , maybe some more info here :

    https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/speaking-of-health/6-helpful-tips-for-managing-urinary-retention-and-incontinence

    Read "Nature's miracle" helps with odors. 4 sides mattresses covers, pads like discussed, try different brand pull ups to find the best fit for overnight .

  • annie51
    annie51 Member Posts: 817
    500 Likes 500 Care Reactions 250 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Comments
    Member

    There’s no better place to rant than right here! We all understand. Each of our experiences are different but the same. You all know what I mean. 😊 I heard that washing with baking soda and vinegar helps with the odor. Besides the waterproof mattress cover and waterproof pad under the bottom sheet as @Jeff H suggested, will he tolerate having another large pad on top of the sheets?
    You have great ideas here for help with housekeeping, shopping and autopay for bills. You may want to contact your local Area Agency on Aging. They can maybe point you to resources to help, or to help pay for in home help.
    Sending hugs!

  • harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 6,936
    Ninth Anniversary 1,500 Insightfuls Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments
    Member

    I have no balm for your batter spirit.

    This stuff is great for odors

  • whollyfool
    whollyfool Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    Member

    Hello,
    Thanks for the info! Can you tell me more about the 4 sided mattress covers? I can't seem to find any good links.

  • JulietteBee
    JulietteBee Member Posts: 622
    250 Likes 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    Member

    @terei...

    @whollyfool, I bought that one in June for my pwd. It is great!

Commonly Used Abbreviations


DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more