splash guard for pee accidents?
Hello. My DH with moderate dementia is having daily accidents that require cleanup. When he sits down to defecate, he pees over the top / through the gap between the toilet seat and the bowl, wetting the floor and his pants. He lacks awareness when he's doing this and won't remember a reminder to try to hold himself pointing down into the bowl. Has anyone solved this problem by using a particular product? Getting tired of daily mopping and extra laundry chores.
Comments
-
My DH does the same thing and forgets he is done urinating. I would love to find out
0 -
When my DH did this I wrapped a towel around the bottom of the toilet with a throw rug in front of it. It did help. I had backups and washed them daily. Good Luck.
0 -
If he's not used to a guard on the seat, he could injure himself sitting or getting back up. This sounds like a situation where human supervision is the answer.
This device helps deflect through the gap.1
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help
