Parents Caring for Adult Child /w EOA
This is probably a longshot: Are any parents out there caring for an adult child with early-onset Alzheimers?
I am I am 71 years old and full-time caregiver for my 37-year-old daughter who was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's at 28 years old.
My daughter also has Down syndrome and seizure disorder. She wears a pacemaker.
I'm also her legal guardian and going through the stress of planning for the next steps. Just looking for some grace and if out there, shared experience.
Comments
-
Hi Sue, welcome! This is a great site for support and information, even if few people share your exact challenges. I think there are some other members caring for loved ones with similar long-term health issues.
My dh was younger onset, but I was his primary caregiver rather than his parents. His dad died at 95 just weeks before my dh did. You may also want to cruise the spouses board, as it is populated with older adult caregivers. It's a very active, helpful board.
0 -
Hi Sue and welcome.
There was a post just about a week ago from someone in your situation. So yes, you are not alone. But I'm sorry you are dealing with 'this'.
0
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 698 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 402 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 296 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 206 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help