Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.
Disability denial - finding legal support
Lisa Wright
Member Posts: 2
Member
Hello, I am age 64, diagnosed with early onset Alzheimers. I did go on regular Social Security recently.
We were encouraged to apply for the SSDI - as I am no longer able to work in my field - and also am declining in my ability to remember complex details and instructions.
SSDI denied the claim, which we want to appeal - I understand this is common.
Seeking legal help on that front - but haven't found anything in this forum offering a good referral to an attorney who offers reasonable terms and can get this done in State of Colorado.
Thank you,
Lisa
2
Commonly Used Abbreviations
DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more
Categories
- All Categories
- 696 Living With Alzheimer's or Dementia
- 401 I Am Living With Alzheimer's or Other Dementia
- 295 I Am Living With Younger Onset Alzheimer's
- 19K Supporting Someone Living with Dementia
- 5.9K I Am a Caregiver (General Topics)
- 9.3K Caring For a Spouse or Partner
- 3.4K Caring for a Parent
- 247 Caring Long Distance
- 205 Supporting Those Who Have Lost Someone
- 13 Discusiones en Español
- 1 Vivir con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- 1 Vivo con Alzheimer u Otra Demencia
- Vivo con Alzheimer de Inicio Más Joven
- 12 Prestación de Cuidado
- 3 Soy Cuidador (Temas Generales)
- 8 Cuidar de un Padre
- 23 ALZConnected Resources
- View Discussions For People Living with Dementia
- View Discussions for Caregivers
- Discusiones en Español
- Browse All Discussions
- Dementia Resources
- 8 Account Assistance
- 15 Help