Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

new to this as me and my family found out my grandmother is recently been diagnosed

Arkhamknight
Arkhamknight Member Posts: 9
First Comment
Member

figured this also could be posted in this group discussion.

I'm new to this discussion board and just joined this as a way for support. My family just recently told me that my grandmother has been recently diagnosed with Early on set Alzheimers and this weekend me and my mom are going to tell her the news that its becoming a reality that she will be starting to live with us most of the time if not all the time. Not including the montly or so trip back to Dublin GA where my grandmother lives to visit and go to her doctor appts and see her friends etc. I dont personally dont know how to feel about this move and trying to process it all at once because I always thought there would be a solution i just never thought about this one and just kept holding out hope and kept thinking postively for a solution just not the one my mom had in mind. Now I'm feeling scared, anxious, overwhelmed about all of this because this is the time first time it has happened to any of my family members. i know it will defintely be hard on all of us, and right now its giving me so much anxiety, stress and I'm trying to cope with all of this so suddenly and its really hard, and mentally I'm emotionally scared, overwhelmed with all of it. Any prayers and support my family and I would appreciate if anyone would.

Commonly Used Abbreviations


DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more