Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

What a day. . . !

ghphotog
ghphotog Member Posts: 667
500 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Got a call from MC last night at 1:30 am saying they found my mom lying on the floor because she fell and they would let me know if they needed to call an ambulance.

I sat up for an hour but never heard back and tried to contact the administrator who called me from the MC so I assumed she was ok until I got a text this morning saying she was at UNMH Trauma Center. I just dropped of my DW at daycare and spent two hours in that crazy place until I realized they would be releasing her anytime soon. I never was able to see her as the trauma center has no visitors. They said they would release her today sometime but didn't know when.

Trying to schedule someone to pick my DW up at daycare. That hospital is one place I never want to have to take my DW to, for any reason. Finally one of her sisters said she would be available to pick her up but she doesn't know how to handle my DW for very long. Her daughter is not available, my backup friend is out of town so I hope we can get this squared away before daycare is out. If they call and I have my DW, someone will have to stay with her when I go pick up my mom but that could be a real mess in itself.

Crazy day. . .

Comments

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living