Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I’m back!

It’s been a long time since I’ve been on the discussion site. But it’s time I reconnect. My husband has been in a long period of mid level stages. But he’s beginning to show more signs of decline. It’s funny, how I can so easily forget there’s anything wrong during these long lapses of decline. Then boom. It hits me square in the face. We’ve been fortunate to have had such a long run. And now reality is setting in. So back to connecting. Back to being encouraged. Back to knowing I’m not alone in this journey.

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,716
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

Welcome back, it's good to hear from you. Glad you had some stability while it lasted. I try to take each day, but not so successful at keeping my focus that way...

• SSHarkey
    SSHarkey Member Posts: 298
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

I understand that! It’s so easy for me to get caught up in the moment and forget to take care of myself.

• miaR
    miaR Member Posts: 3
    5 Care Reactions First Comment

Hi there...I'm new here, just wanted to share how awesome it feels to get out among regular folks these days for me. A trip to Trader Joes with nice pleasant folks does me wonders!

Take good care...❤️

• SSHarkey
    SSHarkey Member Posts: 298
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments

Totally get that! A small respite time to yourself!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more