Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Bible Verse to Lift You Up 3/4/24

VKB
VKB Member Posts: 323
Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

FRIENDS, just want you to know I read all your comments and appreciate them. The Holy Spirit is with you and me here and everywhere. Peace, Ronnie (Veronica Kelly Badowski)

COURAGE

Genesis 1:1 NIV

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.”

Joshua 1:9 NKJV

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Jeremiah 31:3 NIV

“The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying:

‘I have loved you with an everlasting love;

I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.’”

Matthew 8:26 NIV

“He [Jesus] replied, ‘You of little faith, why are you so afraid?’ Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.’”

THINK ABOUT THIS: Courage is the decision to do what must be done even though we are afraid. Think about a time you chose to have courage or a time you did not. How did you feel about your choice?

MEDITATION: The Lord tells us to have courage, and our part is to have faith in His desire and ability to help us. When life seems out of control, you and I need to remember for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go (Joshua 1:9). He loves us with an everlasting love, so He hears our prayers. His wisdom is beyond measure, so He knows exactly how to help us in every circumstance. All His creations are proof of His awesome power, so He certainly can take care of us. The next time we face a circumstance that requires courage, let’s pray and choose to have faith in God.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus, when I am afraid, help me to be thankful for Your love, wisdom and power are always with me. May my faith in you and my love for You grow stronger. Amen.

Comments

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney