Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Bible Verse to Lift You Up 4/9/24

VKB
VKB Member Posts: 323
Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

GOOD FRUIT

Galatians 5:22-23 New International Version

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.”

THINK ABOUT THIS: What fruit do you need the most help with? Why do you think this one is more difficult? Do any solutions come to mind?

MEDITATION: When I was a caregiver, I needed to pray often for patience with both my elderly parents who were steadily becoming more helpless. I always felt awful when I lost my patience. At some point a helpful thought came to me that through caregiving God’s Spirit was teaching me to love. I was in His classroom learning sometimes love requires sacrifice, forgetting my own needs for a while. It was my job at this time in my life to keep my parents comfortable, secure and as well as possible. Looking back, I was not a perfect caregiver, but I’m thankful the Holy Spirit was always guiding me to be more patient and loving.

No matter how you are watching over your loved one, at home or visiting them often at a facility, I hope you lean on God. He does care for you and them. Pray often. He will guide you and help you grow the fruits of His Spirit so you will have what you need to be kind and caring.

PRAYER: Holy Spirit, grow me so my love and kindness for others becomes a wonderful habit. Also, help me make wise decisions for myself so I get the rest I need. Amen.

TAKE AWAY: We will never regret the time and effort given to those who need us.

Comments

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 346
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Your words are always so timely. I would be lost without God, prayer and faith. He has given me, and continues to give me, the strength I need to persevere xo

• VKB
    VKB Member Posts: 323
    Legacy Membership 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Caro Lynne, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Yes, I agree God continues to give us what we need each day. I prayed for you and the person you care for. Peace always, Ronnie (Veronica Kelly Badowski)

• LindaLouise
    LindaLouise Member Posts: 95
    100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments

I love this verse and even had it on my kitchen walls as a border! My kids listened to a Steve Green song with this verse as the lyrics - but with all of that - I never thought about which of the fruits are most difficult to "grow"! Such an important way to approach this verse. Somehow, I'd almost began thinking of the fruits as a litmus test so see how spirit filled I (or anyone else) might be. Sometimes we do have to ask (pray) for those fruits to grow, but somehow I never thought about this before - just that they would come from the Spirit if He was in us! Thanks for sharing this!

• JeriLynn66
    JeriLynn66 Member Posts: 796
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Thank you. Tending the garden is a good analogy.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more