Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Snipe Hunt

ClarkEb
ClarkEb Member Posts: 51
25 Care Reactions 10 Comments 5 Likes First Anniversary

back when, the s outs always had snipe hunts on camp outs. Seems I’m at it again. So far i have been hunting for 5 kids that were left at day camp and should be walking along the highway in the rain,(try explaining to the police wheyyouare doing 15mph in the breakdown lane) later it was two college girls (since we were in the local college campus, later it was glasses(doesn’t wear glasses have to find a pair, or a purse, have an old one i keep handy), the other dog, the little girl again(she is always wandering off) the people that we are supposed to take home, My LO gets so concerned with things like these and becomes emotional upset when i cant find the object. Right now it is the other dog that shouldn’t be out side “its to hot”

I can’t produce these things and it frustrates both of us.

Ant ideas?

Comments

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 878
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

Lie & redirect. Try telling him the dog is at the vet or with family or friends and is OK. Tell him the police or parents found the kids and they are safe. Then, change the subject or give them a task to do. Talk to the doctor. There are medications that can help with hallucinations & delusions.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,710
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

ClarkEb, in other posts you mentioned your DW being started on Seroquel. Did that in fact happen? If not i would still think about it. If so, perhaps a dose increase is indicated.

• ClarkEb

we are on seroquel. But only time i can get her to take is breakfast have to hide most meds in something we r working with doct

• ClarkEb

Thank you. Redirect worked once or twice. My LO is very alert in these situations. Sometimes a cant keep up with her comeback

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more