Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

plan

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

You have gotten excellent suggestions in your prior threads. Have you thought about speaking with a Care Consultant at the Helpline? The number is 1-800-272-3900. You can call 24/7 and there is no charge for this service.

I suggest also that you print out your responses and make a list of what to do, step-by-step. This is how I handle things.

Iris

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,710
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

I think Iris's suggestion is an excellent one Abby. There will be a way through this, but you have to be prepared to take steps that he's not going to like or agree with. Ask for a Care Consultant at the toll free number and they can help you think through how to move forward.

• addy103
    addy103 Member Posts: 17
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions First Anniversary

I am in the same situation, Not the money lock-down, I deal with all finances and have POA. However, I was the brunt of his anger. He would wake up screaming and banging on my door. (I don't sleep with him due to night terrors with flying punches). This went on for over a year. After he lost his license, he got really angry toward me. He spit in my face, smacked my hands away when I try to keep him from screaming directly in my face. I was sleeping in my closet. I finally called the police the last time and their SW from the crisis team got involved. He was placed in a hospital that specializes in AZ with a psych unit. It was determined that he is not safe to return home. He is being placed in hopefully assisted living, if not memory care. He is only 68. He was a teacher for 34 years and has a good pension or I don't know how I would pay for it.

• addy103
    addy103 Member Posts: 17
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Care Reactions First Anniversary

Going through the exact same thing now. He is in the psych unit and being released 9/3. The neurologists on staff said he is too dangerous to return home. Trying to figure out if he can do assisted living.

• [Deleted User]
    edited September 1
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 1
  • SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 878
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

call and have him transported to the hospital to Geri Psyche unit. Tell them you are fearful and he can’t return home. You need to get control of the finances. Don’t worry what he likes or doesn’t like. He’s not reasoning. His brain is broken. You need to take control.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more