Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Behavior shift-FTD

Ghhhhhhh
Ghhhhhhh Member Posts: 6
5 Care Reactions First Comment

Comments

• SDianeL
    SDianeL Member Posts: 878
    500 Care Reactions 250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions

as my DH’s disease progressed he became obsessed with things like potholes in the road, the car, the trash, etc. COVID can cause progression after which he may or may not return to his baseline.

• Ghhhhhhh

I was thinking the same thing. Today is pretty calm😚 I take whatever I can get these days.

• FTDCaregiver1
    FTDCaregiver1 Member Posts: 103
    25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments

My DW has EO FTD, seems her agitation and behaviors cycle from quiet calms in the valley to constant moving, yelling, picking up items, moving chairs when she spikes. I hide anything I don't want lost and leave to a quiet space when she's yelling alot. She can't be understood, has aphasia for some years now. For her, she's triggered by a lot of movement, talking, noise and sometimes just me sitting quietly in the room. Sometimes are quieter, some are miserable has been my path for some years now.

• Ghhhhhhh
    edited September 17

We have been there also for a few years but he refuses to go to the doc. We're at the point of no return at this point. Lol good luck to you. Wish we could get on Seroquel, my life would be easier. Some days feel mentally tough.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more