Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Incontinence (fecal)

Katcat
Katcat Member Posts: 52
25 Care Reactions Second Anniversary 10 Comments 5 Likes

need to buy depends or whatever is out there for hubby with fecal incontinence. He has accidents during the night. Thank god so far not in the bed but he can’t seem to get to toilet on time and it happens on his way to bathroom. There goes another pair of underwear. I’m hoping there’s something that’s close to looking like underpants and disposable of course. He won’t like this but this must be done. Looking for suggestions what to buy. Thanks

Comments

• GiGi1963
    GiGi1963 Member Posts: 101
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

• GiGi1963
    GiGi1963 Member Posts: 101
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

When that started happening I just put on a depend and he never noticed he was not wearing his usual briefs. I would just try the switch with no explanation.

• CampCarol
    CampCarol Member Posts: 58
    25 Care Reactions 25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions

For DH, Depends were ok for the day but didn’t work well at night. Switched to LivDry Ultimate. Much more expensive but gets the job done.

• LJCHR
    LJCHR Member Posts: 192
    100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

My DH needs protection - the only product I found that served both urinary and bowel protections for men was from Northshore. We buy the black briefs, they are expensive but he said they are very comfortable and the black color makes them look more like briefs. They have them in lite and heavy duty wear. We have been using them for about 6 months and very happy. Hope this helps and good luck.

• Pat6177
    Pat6177 Member Posts: 442
    100 Likes Third Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

A website I’ve seen recommended on this forum is www.parentgiving.com for adult protection. They say that the customer service people are very helpful and you can buy samples to try.

• Katcat

i checked this out. Very helpful. I’m getting samples from a couple of places. Have a blessed day! Thank you

• Katcat

North shore so helpful. Sending me samples. Thanks so much. Have a blessed day!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more