Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Robotic therapy cat

2»

Comments

• annie51
    annie51 Member Posts: 127
    100 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes First Anniversary

So glad she likes it! My mom would have loved one of these after her last cat died and she decided not to get another one. I wish I had known about them before she passed.

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,710
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

well this last three hours is the most awake my partner has been in days. She is now confused about whether she (it’s apparently a she) is real or not and wants to be sure a real cat wasn’t killed to make her. She is also a little fearful about whether she will bite or scratch. I turned off the voice (the meow was waking her up) and moved the cat to the foot of the bed. But overall a huge plus I think..

• Chammer
    Chammer Member Posts: 140
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

I love that it has toe beans!

• harshedbuzz
    harshedbuzz Member Posts: 4,353
    Seventh Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Insightfuls Reactions 500 Likes

I love the picture @M1 . The tuxedo version is the same one my friend's mom had.

• housefinch
    housefinch Member Posts: 358
    100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions

Wonderful picture 💕! Amazing questions/concerns your partner had! Hope she continues to like it and learns this kitty never scratches 🐈

• ​fesk
    ​fesk Member Posts: 439
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

Nice to see some good news. is the cat heavy? We have the dog and it is very heavy. So far, it has not been successful for us. I'm wondering if the cat, because it can lay down more easily would be a better try.

• ImMaggieMae
    ImMaggieMae Member Posts: 1,010
    250 Likes 500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Care Reactions

M1, what a great picture! She really seems to like it. My DH is petting his cat now. It’s definitely a hit here. I’m surprised that he pets it for an hour at a time. Things don’t normally hold his attention that long. In fact, he doesn’t play with any of the old gadgets anymore and hasn’t for months. The price of this cat seemed kind of high at first but it’s quite a bit less than his caregiver costs for 4 hours.

• CatladyNW
    CatladyNW Member Posts: 23
    25 Care Reactions 10 Comments Second Anniversary

That picture is so sweet. Think I’ll try one and see if my DH takes to it, as he always loved our cats. Thanks for sharing!

• annie51

The cat is about 2 1/2 pounds. I didn’t find it too heavy.

• M1

here’s the real Mr. Mittens, so the tuxedo choice was a no brainer. By the end of the afternoon she was wrapping the new friend in her blanket….today she’s not sure if it’s alive or not, she keeps thinking it’s died. Jury still out I guess….

• M1

and here’s the latest, the nurse called to tell me there was a fire drill this afternoon, and she insisted on taking it with her to the emergency exit. Unintended consequences, I hope I haven’t created a monster…

• Caro_Lynne
    Caro_Lynne Member Posts: 345
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions First Anniversary

M1, I clicked on pic of Mr. Mittens before reading your post and thought, WOW that is really life like! LOL

That is so sweet that your LO has taken to the kitty. Hope it continues to be a good thing xo

• ImMaggieMae

I was going to send someone a link to the robo cat on Amazon and realized that the price had increased by $38 from a week ago. I know their prices fluctuate, but that’s a lot in the space of a week! I wonder if they were having a run on these cats and dogs as a result of the postings here? BTW, my DH is spending a lot of time with the cat. It’s great when I’m cooking or paying bills. When he looks away or ignores it for a few minutes, the cat meows and blinks its eyes and gets his attention again.

• annie51

So good to hear! My DH still talks to it and pets it, but stopped putting it in his lap. I do it because the purring and petting it relaxes me! I did turn the meow off because it’s distracting when we watch tv. lol!

• jsps139_
    jsps139_ Member Posts: 171
    100 Likes 100 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Care Reactions

Lol if only dogs could talk!! Thanks for the laugh!

• jsps139_

I ordered one today, and then I read your post, and I remembered that they were a lot less expensive on Amazon the first time I looked at them. So, I canceled my order and will wait to see if the price comes down again. I agree that it is a big increase in one week.

• Chammer
    Chammer Member Posts: 140
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Amazon prime days are coming up this week 10.08 and 10.09. Might be the day to check for a deal on the robotic kitty!

• ImMaggieMae

The orange and white tabby is now back down to where they were and the black and white tuxedo is also down from yesterday. These prime deals sometimes have a limited amount of items at the lower price, so if you’re interested I wouldn’t wait too long.

• AnderK
    AnderK Member Posts: 123
    100 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes

I have had one that my partner gave me a long time ago, I always have to remind folks that it there cuz it freaks tham out. But now that I am alone, I keep him on my bed.

• jsps139_

Yay! I got the gray tabby on Amazon for $86.99 just now. It will be here on the 12th. Thanks for all the info. My DH’s brother and SIL bought him a stuffed dog and he talks to it and thinks it is real even though it just sits there. I know he’s going get a lot of comfort from this kitty! (I agree that Annie should get commission 😂😂).

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more