Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

EOAD Last Step

2»

Comments

• June45
    June45 Member Posts: 364
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions
    Mike, I so glad that you were able to be by Carol's bedside when she passed. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family to heal from this long hard journey.
  • ChrisBme
    ChrisBme Member Posts: 19
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Comments
    My deepest condolences to you Mike!
  • Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Mike, please accept my deepest condolences. You did an admirable job.
  • Doityourselfer
    Doityourselfer Member Posts: 224
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    I'm sorry for your loss.    I admire your attitude.  Take good care of yourself.
  • Last Dance
    Last Dance Member Posts: 135
    Legacy Membership 100 Comments 5 Insightfuls Reactions 5 Care Reactions
    Mike I am so sorry for what you had to go through these last few days, and I am sorry for your loss. take comfort in the fact that you were a joy to her and took good care of her. As you start a new journey without her remember the good times and forget the bad times. May God grant you his love peace and protection. Richard
  • Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Heartfelt condolences to you, Mike.  May Carol’s memory be a blessing.
  • Mgsr04
    Mgsr04 Member Posts: 7
    Ninth Anniversary First Comment
    Sending condolences and sympathy for your loss, Mike. Wishing you the best in the future.
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Dear Mike.

I am so sorry for your loss. You have been an amazing caregiver. Please take care of yourself now. May the Lord bless you with peace and may He comfort you and may He give you strength.

-LT

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,754
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions

My condolences sent also. 

Thank you for taking the time to let us know.  I hope you will stick around for continued support and to pass through your experiences to help others. You have some real wisdom to share.

• anneleigh
    anneleigh Member Posts: 65
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Comments
    Mike, praying for you!
  • dayn2nite2
    dayn2nite2 Member Posts: 1,132
    Eighth Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Insightfuls Reactions 25 Likes
    What a wonderful husband you've been, this has been a very long road.  Thank you for telling us she has passed.  Please know you will see her again.  Right now, take some time to rest.  We are here for you if you need us.  May God bless you.  Job well done.
  • abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    My deepest sympathy to you.
    Please do check in to let us know how you are. I'm so sorry.
  • Bholmes
    Bholmes Member Posts: 15
    Third Anniversary 10 Comments
    My condolences. I was glad to hear you were by her side. May you find comfort and blessing in the coming days, months, and years ahead.
  • Marie58
    Marie58 Member Posts: 382
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Comments
    Mike, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you were able to be with her though. May God bless you and your family and give you all grace and strength in the days and weeks ahead.
  • On The Journey
    On The Journey Member Posts: 4
    Second Anniversary First Comment
    Mike, you have gone on this journey with class, dignity and honor.  That never gets old.  Your example will live on in others with whom you shared it.  Thank you for letting others into your world.
  • LarryNTn
    LarryNTn Member Posts: 1
    Seventh Anniversary First Comment
    Mike, so sorry for your lose. I know exactly the feelings you are enduring. Many a night our time in chat kept me going! You were a good caretaker! You did your best!
  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

(((Dear Mike))))

I am sorry that Carol has passed. I was also at my DHs side when he passed and that is a moment that I will remember for the rest of my life. You being with Carol is something you will be thankful for. Take care of yourself and get some much needed rest. Hugs Zetta 

• HelenRK
    HelenRK Member Posts: 1
    Ninth Anniversary First Comment
    Dear Mike,  I was so sorry to read of Carol's passing but so glad to hear that you were able to be with her on her last day.  My deepest sympathies to you and your family.  May you find peace and comfort knowing her battle is over and that she is finally free of this terrible disease.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more