Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Financial Aid & Care Resources for Long Term Senior Care

Ed1937
Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

I was trying to find some help for Josey Wales, and I came upon this site that has links for all states. Hopefully it will be helpful to someone. It also has links to medicaid and non medicaid programs in all states, as well as other programs. You may not need to be a senior to receive benefits if the patient has a brain disease, so if you are dealing with early onset, don't dismiss this. For some reason the site does not have an internet address that can be copied as a link. But you can do a Google search for "Financial Aid & Care Resources for Long Term Senior Care", and you will find it after the ads that appear in the results.

For a related page, https://www.payingforseniorcare.com/memory-care#State-Non-Medicaid-Assistance-  

Comments

• sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 742
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions

Thank you so much for this, Ed. This looks like a related link: https://www.payingforseniorcare.com/resources

Thankfully I am not yet in that situation but have been thinking about what resources may be available.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    Diane, I bookmark anything that I think I might need in the future.
  • JoseyWales
    JoseyWales Member Posts: 602
    Eighth Anniversary 500 Comments 100 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Ed - Thanks for posting these sites and for caring enough about me to start researching them with me in mind.  I'm poked around the one you mentioned, and I see several topics I'm going to look at in more depth. Today I'm feeling a bit more like I can control things, and information always helps me with that.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more