Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Next Thursday I am moving.

I may be out of commission for a while. Not sure how long it will take to get hooked up to internet. I will disconnect on Wednesday afternoon. It will be a mess for a while but thank good its finally over. And all of this has made me stronger in so many ways.

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Are you moving into your new home, Michael?  Congratulations!  What an accomplishment!  You and your wife, enjoy yourselves!  

Iris

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Yes, it finally here. Hopefully you will get to see it some day as you have an open invitation to stay for a few days.

• Iris L.

Thank you, Michael.  I would love to visit if I get back to the east coast.

Iris

• Michael Ellenbogen

I am moved and just got connected to the internet. This was a move I wanted as this is my dream home. Lots of aggravation and probably a few mor weeks and then I can relax.  I think this also helped me with my dementia as I had to do more then I could and I kind of got better at it over time. It took me 8 months to pack. If you want me to send you pictures just send me a private email and I will show you the house and great view.

• ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Michael,

Congratulations on your move please get some rest and unwind so you can enjoy your new home.  Please send me some pictures I would love to see your new home and the view. Hugs to you and your wife. Zetta  

• Iris L.

Michael, I would love to see your pictures also.  How exciting to be in a new home!  

Iris

• Michael Ellenbogen

I have not forgotten about you folks as I just need some time to do this and I have been exhausted.  

• Iris L.

Of course, Michael, moving and getting settled in your new home is exhausting.  Take all the time you need.  But take time to revel in your new home, too!  

Iris

• Michael Ellenbogen

Okay folks I finally took pictures today. Is there somewhere I can upload them all temporary so I can just give you a link to view what you would like. Thanks as I am getting there.

• Iris L.

At the bottom of the "Add Reply" field there is a place to add file extensions such as pictures.

Did you see Tom's post?

Iris

• TommyT
    TommyT Member Posts: 24
    Legacy Membership 10 Comments

Hi Michael, Tom here. How have you been? I've moved since we last conversed. I now live in a Senior Living facility that is 1/2 mile from my wife. She visits me often and I come home for a couple days once a month or so.

Later, Tom

• Michael Ellenbogen

Hi Tom, good to hear from you and I am so glad things are going well for you. I wish you the best my friend.

Iris, this site is the worst place to add anything. I hate this place. I am waiting for some one to help me or point me to some online app I can use that is simple. I have to many pictures to add and I just want to place them all in one place for now so they can view. I will work on it and get back to you as soon as I can figure this out. 

• Michael Ellenbogen

I was finally able to get the pictures out some were you folks can look at them. Please click on the link below.

https://164boatyardroad.imgbb.com/?list=images&sort=date_desc&page=5&params_hidden%5Buserid%5D=7JxqBx&params_hidden%5Bfrom%5D=user&seek=vhp1BbK

• Iris L.

What a lovely home, Michael!  You and your wife should be very comfortable there.  I see you will be energy independent with the solar panels.  My condo could probably fit in your garage.  May you have many happy years in your new home!  

Iris 

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Thanks Iris. I think I had about 150 pictures. Now you see why it was so hard.
  • ladyzetta
    ladyzetta Member Posts: 1,028
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Likes 5 Insightfuls Reactions

Michael,

Your house is beautiful. I am sure you and your wife will have many years of happiness in your Dream Home. Thank You for the pictures. Zetta 

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,745
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    We are all coming for October fest to sit on your terrace and to watch the boats. We will bring the food and drinks ...just supply the chairs...lol
  • Michael Ellenbogen

I just deleted the other pictures and added 200 new ones. This is what I get to see all day from the sunroom, Media room, bedroom, Kitchen or patio. Can’t wait for my new camera as I will be able to shoot the moon.

https://164boatyardroad.imgbb.com/

• Cobalt
    Cobalt Member Posts: 78
    10 Comments Second Anniversary
    Good to see you online and see your area.  We've been "in the thick" of changes and transitions so I've missed being online and connecting.
  • Iris L.

I didn't know that bald eagles live in your area.  I love seeing the wildlife outdoors.  Can those cargo ships really navigate that small river?  You'll be occupied for many hours, Michael.  How fortunate you are to live there!

Iris

• Michael Ellenbogen

You are so right that I am very lucky. I see Eagles all the time. This is a canal that was man made and is at least 450 ft wide. I have seen two big ones ships cross going different ways right in front of my house.  The limitation they have is in highest as one of the lower bridges is 135ft at high tide. I hear they may be talking to replace that one to a higher bridge. That would allow for crusie ships to go by. I hope that happens. I believe it is 35 deep at its lowest point. Here is a link to more information on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chesapeake_%26_Delaware_Canal

• Michael Ellenbogen

By the way the reason you see so many pictures of this boat.

https://164boatyardroad.imgbb.com/?list=images&sort=date_desc&page=7&params_hidden%5Buserid%5D=7JxqBx&params_hidden%5Bfrom%5D=user&seek=12FgCDY

That was my old boat and I got to sit on it a few weeks ago as we met the folks at the restaurant on the other side of the water and they invited us to come and have some drinks with them. I really liked what they did to it. They made it even better. That was a one-of-a-kind boat an was lucky to have that for a while.  

• Iris L.

The two boats you posted look like freighters, not pleasure boats.

I have family in Delaware and Maryland.

Iris

• Michael Ellenbogen

I am unsure which ones you are speaking about as there are about 200 pictures there. 

Even a better reason to come see me.

• Iris L.

Thanks again for the invite, Michael.  It's more and more enticing.  I'm not up for a lot of traveling now.   My brother is coming to visit me in two weeks.  In November I am going to visit my step-son. After the new year, I'll see how things are going Covid-wise and me-wise.  

Autumn should be very enjoyable at your home!

Iris

• Michael Ellenbogen

I am very lucky as my house was on the cover for a 2022 calendar and the inside. They took many professional pictures and I got to keep them. I added them out on this web site. There are 63 pictures. Some even allow you to zoom in close and see great details.

https://164boatyardroad.imgbb.com/?list=images&sort=date_desc&page=1&params_hidden%5Buserid%5D=7JxqBx&params_hidden%5Bfrom%5D=user&seek=yp52L32

• Iris L.

That's a beautiful big house, Michael.  I have a personal question for you.  You don't have to answer if it's too personal.  Many older adults, even those without dementia or medical issues, want to downsize.  Your location on the canal is wonderful.  Are you up to taking care of such a big house?  I'm having trouble caring for my small 2 bedroom condo.  Whenever I decide to move from here, I will move to a senior independent living residence that provides weekly housekeeping and meals.  I am not strong and I don't want to spend what little energy I have on housework.  

Iris

• Michael Ellenbogen

This house is just a bit smaller than my old house. It has a lot less rooms but the rooms are all large. Everything we need is on the first floor. The upstairs was built for guest and resale value. I do not clean i but my wife does. Keep in mind she just retired. We also no pay most people to do things. We never did that before. So I am luck in many ways. This is where I will die as I will never end up in home. The house was designed for a wheelchair if I need one. Not that I would be around long if I had to be in one. There are many safety feature in it to help me and my wife. Becuse it is new I also have less to take care of for along time. Most under warranty for 10 years. 

• Iris L.

That sounds like great planning, Michael.  One floor living is better for us.  I didn't know your wife had retired.  It looks like you have a dog.  I have cats and cat hair is everywhere.  If I didn't have to clean, I would probably be all right.

Iris

• Michael Ellenbogen

Get someone to clean for you. You can also get other help. Its cheaper then going in home.

There are ways around some of that. 

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney