Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Next Thursday I am moving.

2»

Comments

• Iris L.
    Iris L. Member Posts: 4,306
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions

Michael, you know how some people have to clean before the cleaning lady comes over?  I'm like that LOL.  I need to massively declutter before I can have someone come in.  All this time I have been too fatigued to make any significant progress.  The Covid lock downs haven't helped.  I want to empty my home so thoroughly that I can take care of it myself.  Minimalism is my goal.

Iris

• Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

Hello Michael; it is kind of you to share many pictures of your new home you recently moved into.

However; I do have a concern I wanted to relate to you.

1.  The link provides your location/address.

2.  The many photos clearly shows points of access into your home which are many.

3.  This leaves your home wide open with information to those who lurk on various sites, especially with those sites who have Members who may be compromised to some degree to find opportunities to do their criminal work.

4.  Even if you have a burglar alarm system, that does not keep burglars out; they have become very bold, and will go in and ransack alarm or no alarm and out again very quickly before law enforcement can get there  . . . AND home invasion with residents being held at weapon point is becoming more of a problem.

5.  In this light, it would probably be a good idea to remove the link with photos and address.  Sometimes, even just photos without an address can be put into a special search program by crooks who can come up with a location from the photos.

Best to err on the side of safety.

J.

• Michael Ellenbogen
    Michael Ellenbogen Member Posts: 991
    Legacy Membership 500 Comments 25 Likes 5 Care Reactions

Thanks so much for your concern and right in many ways. I plan on taking them down in a few days as they are out their temporary. But I can also assure you my home is extremely safe guarded with full motion color and night vision cameras that are stored remotely and there is no way around it from ever angle of the house up to 100 feet away. I have given lots of thought in this design for that reason alone.  All of my doors have a 3 point locking mechanism. My house would not be one that they can get into easily. It took a locksmith over 3 hours to get one door down with the help of another person. So I know that if they really wanted to rob the place they would give up and get caught. There are many other things of protection but of course I wall not disclose that.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more