Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Loosing stuff

Wilton
Wilton Member Posts: 6
Second Anniversary First Comment

Hi,  does anyone have ideas to secure glasses?  DH can't find his, so we ordered another pair...   We have a designated spot for wallet, phone, glasses,  etc...doesn't always work!   THANKS 

Comments

• aod326
    aod326 Member Posts: 235
    Third Anniversary 100 Comments

My solution was to exactly what you did - buy lots of pairs. (Readers.com has a great selection at really good prices.) I would wait until he misplaced a pair before introducing a replacement pair.  DH also wore monthly contacts; they kept disappearing, so I hid them and made them magically appear when he needed to replace them.

For DH, having a place to keep phone, wallet, glasses when he came into the house was very short-lived. It drove me crazy for a while, but then I realized I'd just have to find ways of having duplicates.  I had multiple wallets too, each with $10 in, and expired cards, and put Tiles on the things I could. For the phone, "Find my iPhone" was a lifesaver.

Good luck!

• 1962ART
    1962ART Member Posts: 32
    10 Comments Second Anniversary

AOD326:  I love your ideas.  I am planning on implementing them ASAP.

DH basically wears t-shirts in the winter and a cotton shirt in summer.  These must have a breast pocket were he puts his glasses in a case that doesn't fall out.  He still uses a cellphone and he loves the Carhartt pants with the pocket down the leg.  I don't even know what it really is for, but his phone fits perfectly.  My daughter and I have the "find my phone" app so we can see on our phone where his phone is and therefore, where we might find him.

DH loves this clothing--it's all the same, just different colors or whatever.  He calls them his "purse" and likes that he has a place to carry everything just like I do.

Of course last weekend he rolled up both his glasses and his phone in the sleeping bag and could not find them when it was time to leave!!  Oh well, best laid plans. . .

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more