Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

Tomorrow is our 9th Anniversary, what do you recommend?

2»

Comments

• sandwichone123
    sandwichone123 Member Posts: 743
    500 Comments 100 Likes Third Anniversary 25 Insightfuls Reactions
    One year ago was the first time someone noticed the slightest bit of confusion with my dh. Now we have a diagnosis and the person testing for social security said he would qualify "no problem" for disability because his functioning was so low. It's been quite a year.
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

@sandwhichone123 - I am so sorry. My DH's loses have been more spread out over time.

Several times on our anniversary, I thought about our wedding day and I thought about our honeymoon. DH was joyful and active and comical and engaged in 2012. Symptoms of dementia started in 2016. Alzheimer's Diagnosis was in 2019. Dementia has been part of our marriage longer than it hasn't. That thought makes me sad.

When I reflect on what DH has lost, it is crushing. It's very important to me to be grateful for the abilities DH still has. DH can still walk and talk. DH recognizes me. DH still loves me and still loves our dog. DH is usually content. DH is generally pain free.

I hate this disease.

• White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 849
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes
    Dear Lady T., Happy Anniversary...a few days late.  I'm so glad you had a good day.  Savor the good days.
  • LadyTexan
    LadyTexan Member Posts: 810
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes
    Thanks for the well wishes. Definitely savor the good days!

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more