Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

I, too, have lost my love...

2»

Comments

• amicrazytoo
    amicrazytoo Member Posts: 169
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments
    So sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful person. (((HUGS)))
  • abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    I have thought of you both countless times over the past year, especially the last few months. My heart goes out to you and your children. Thank you for sharing his obit. What a wonderful man he was, an all around great guy! I'm very sorry for the journey you two had. Just so ya know, every time I drive past the tennis courts, I think of you and Ray.
  • Lills
    Lills Member Posts: 156
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 5 Care Reactions

Dear May,  I, too, have been thinking of you and you DH.  I'm so very sorry for your loss!  Wishing you peace and comfort. 

Someone posted this recently but I think it's worth repeating.  

You can shed tears because they are gone, or you can smile because they lived.  

You can close your eyes and pray they will come back, or you can open your eyes and see all that they left for you.  

Your heart can be empty because you can’t see them or you can be full of the love you shared.  You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday, or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.  

You can remember only that they are gone, or you can cherish their memory and let it live on.  You can cry and close your mind and feel empty, or you can do what they would want. 

Smile, Open your heart, Love…and go on.

Elizabeth Ammons

• Keep It 100
    Keep It 100 Member Posts: 8
    Sixth Anniversary First Comment

Oh my goodness.... the tears are flowing. I just came back here after posting this, and I am overwhelmed by your beautiful comments. 

I want to hug you all!

I wish I could respond individually in a simple way, but wow, this site is a dinosaur... !! When I have some more time, I will. 

I appreciate you all so much. I know that I was a better-informed caregiver because of all of the topics and threads covered on this site over the past several years--I was prepared in advance of many stages and needs because of the wisdom here. That knowledge likely saved me...having the mental preparation and being somewhat "ahead of the curve" reduced my stress levels significantly. 

xoxoxoxo

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney