Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

DH is bedbound, sleeps most of the day & isn't hungry

2»

Comments

• M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,721
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    LT I’m sure there’s cold comfort in knowing you are the safe target. I remember the days when my kids were ogres at home but got glowing reports from school and friends, etc. I guess I was glad they saved their worst for me, it was a perverse sign of trust. But cold comfort, as I said. There’s karmic satisfaction in seeing my daughter experiencing this with her own daughters now…
  • Ipodd
    Ipodd Member Posts: 5
    Third Anniversary First Comment
    My DW was bed bound for the last three weeks of her journey she did not take a bite of food for three weeks and no water for the last week. Its a tough place to be in as a spouse and caregiver. She was in hospice at home and they were a godsend.
  • abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes

I am so happy to hear about this upcoming respite time! We all know you deserve every minute. And it's great that you will be able to visit whenever you want. I'm sorry he's being ugly to you. He still knows you are his "safe person" and he can get away with it. My grannie was so ugly and hurtful to my mother. It wasn't in her personality to be rude to anyone, ever, BUT she was terrible to my mother. It made me mad and sad at the same time. Please keep us posted on DH and the respite time. I surely hope things go well and it's a successful "test drive"!

I am grateful for you, everyday.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney