Have any questions about how to use the community? Check out the Help Discussion.

gets worse and worse

2»

Comments

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,766
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    YEA!!!!!
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions

As the crisis recedes, my grief takes over.  Oh god how I miss her.  How lucky were we.  I have to carry on for her, in honor of her, surrounded by her in this lovely home and farm that she's responsible for.  Defining relationship of my life, bar none.  What a gift from her to have made me a better person.  And I know she felt the same.

Blessings to all of my friends who have helped me through this.  I can't thank you enough.  I hope I can return the favor.

For all the naysayers and those who have made this more difficult than it should have been, she would tell them all to go to *ell and make them look forward to the trip.  Quite the skill.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    M1, I'm happy that all your hard work and stress is finally paying off, but I'm sorry the grief is now kicking in, and it was so hard to  get anything done. Stay strong. We'll be here for you whenever you feel like talking.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    M1 I am so glad to hear things are going better for you and your wife. Sorry about your cat. I am on the other side of Nashville 70 miles east.
  • Jeff86
    Jeff86 Member Posts: 684
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Comments 25 Care Reactions 25 Likes

Great to read that you’re moving away from crisis mode, even as it creates room for grief.  

You have an enormous adjustment you’re facing.  We are here for you as you face new challenges.  

• abc123
    abc123 Member Posts: 1,171
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Care Reactions 5 Likes
    Thinking of you this morning.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

. . . as am I.

J.

• jfkoc
    jfkoc Member Posts: 3,766
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Insightfuls Reactions
    me too
  • M1
    M1 Member Posts: 6,722
    1,500 Care Reactions 1,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 Insightfuls Reactions
    All you wonderful folks. Made a commitment to the place I saw this morning, feels like a good fit. Small (only 23 beds) but have skilled nursing and hospice on site. Have art and -unexpectedly-a putting green, which she will love. Fingers crossed that it works out. They weren’t at all intimidated by the hospital events, or the meds, and said we were the third family that had had a terrible experience at this hospital-makes me all the more glad I reported it. Now we’re on to the moving details and selling it as rehab to her. Going up for visitation now.
  • Joydean
    Joydean Member Posts: 1,497
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    So very glad things are finally starting to work out right for you both. Art and putting greens! Sounds like two things she will like. Praying this works out. Reminds me of “when one door closes another opens “.
  • toolbeltexpert
    toolbeltexpert Member Posts: 1,583
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 100 Care Reactions 100 Likes
    M1 I am so glad things are looking up for you.
  • Pam BH
    Pam BH Member Posts: 195
    100 Comments Second Anniversary
    This is wonderful news. Hoping for a good reception when you see her.
  • Jo C.
    Jo C. Member Posts: 2,916
    Legacy Membership 2500 Comments 100 Insightfuls Reactions 100 Likes

M; I am delighted for you in finding a setting in which you feel reasonably comfortable.  From what you have shared, it sounds as though it may be a good fit.  Being that it is smaller, your Partner will not get "lost" in scores of other residents.

You are doing a truly wonderful job of it all; especially in light of the terribly difficult circumstances and have certainly "taken care of business," leading to a much better quality of life for your LO under the circumstances.  Well done!

J.

• Ed1937
    Ed1937 Member Posts: 5,084
    Sixth Anniversary 2500 Comments 500 Likes 250 Care Reactions
    M1, that's the best news we've had for some time. Good for both of you!
  • White Crane
    White Crane Member Posts: 851
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Care Reactions 500 Comments 100 Likes

M1, I am so glad and relieved to hear this!  You and your dear one have been in my prayers.  Praying the move goes smoothly and she will soon be settled in.  You have done a remarkable job of handling all this.  Sending hugs.

Brenda

• Buggsroo
    Buggsroo Member Posts: 573
    500 Comments 100 Care Reactions Third Anniversary 5 Insightfuls Reactions

M1,

Things are looking way better for you and this is great. I am so sorry for all the awful experiences you have suffered, but this new place sounds like it is small enough to give your feisty partner the tlc she deserves. Being artistic myself, I would love a place that has an art area, I used to spend many hours drawing and painting. I also did a course in drawing medical things like photographing operations, illustrating medical stuff etc. loved it, so imagine your partner will love it as well. Here’s hoping everything goes smoothly from now on.

Commonly Used Abbreviations

DH = Dear Husband
DW= Dear Wife, Darling Wife
LO = Loved One
ES = Early Stage
EO = Early Onset
FTD = Frontotemporal Dementia
VD = Vascular Dementia
MC = Memory Care
AL = Assisted Living
POA = Power of Attorney
Read more